GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have mounted an r32 gtr fmic on my r32 gts-t and im having some trouble, the piping i have is 3 inches and im having problems closing the bonnet now :( i thought this would be an issue but i wanted to see if i can get away with it also the pipe crossing the engine is very close to the fan aswell. now i'm not sure what i should do. would it be ok if i changed the pipe going across the engine to a 2.5 inch? or a 2 inch? and leave the rest as 3 inches or should i change all the piping to 2 inches or 2.5 inches?

thank you people.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Get a front fed plenum, eliminate the wrap around pipe, size issue, & closure issue and increase throttle response.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi,
i cant afford to get a front fed plenum at the moment because i am a student! and from what i have seen they are quite expensive. so i'm going for the alternative route and changing the piping to 2.5 inches. does anyone know if 2.5 inches will be ok? i just want my bonnet to close. lol and also will it clear the fan?

thanks lads for helpin me out:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If you can stretch to it, Thor-Racing do a standard plenum that's been modified to have the intake hole moved to the front. It's about £350.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts