GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fitting a large Intercooler next week and was thinking of not putting back the Mesh protector back in front of it.

This is mainly for cosmetic reasons (or the Glen side of me). The question is will this have any adverse affects to the intercooler, for instance when the car is cleaned will a pressure washer glanced over it create a problem??

Thanks all

Jamie.

PS: Phil, you need not reply to this question because I know that you don't know:D :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Mesh?

Jamie,
Forget the mesh mate:) GT-R`s look better without it! DON`T wash the front of your car with a pressure washer,use the hose pipe.

How`s your R34,have you had all the "bits" put on?

Regards,
Henry:smokin:

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Henry,

I'll take your advise, no mesh it is!

The bits are going on all next week. The list is now huge!:)

1.4 bar here I come!!

If I ever blow it up it will be a quick 10 grand and 2.8 litres, then I'll be about ready for the premier league.

any way 500 and what ever else horse power will be fine for now:smokin: :smokin:

Jamie.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Jamie - what you think the skyline is the first forced induction motor I have been involved with??

I bet you had to ask Tony where the intercooler was located before you made your post :eek:

Yes it does look better - but does catch stones from hitting the intercooler itself and bending/denting the plates - over time this would damage the intercooler possibly leading to failure

I like the look of the carbon fibre intercooler guide - you gonna get one????

Could have a potential Glen/Jamie bitch-fight on our hands here!!!!
:D

Henry - I thought your pressure washer problems were connected with an air intake hose to the air-filters not the intercooler - or have I got it wrong???

·
Registered
994 Posts
Block Cracker

Phil,
The pressure washer bends the thin cooling veins and it takes ages to bend them straight again with your little flat-head screw driver.
My block cracked because I filled five one inch corrugated plastic pipes that went to my air filters with water with my pressure washer trying to get my car as clean as possible for the first Kemble track day.I have seen video footage of the day with the puffs of white smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe.The following week I took the car out in a rain storm & the rest is "History" £2.00 of plastic pipe =£12,000 rebuild:mad:
Who`s worried about stone chips,I`m not:D I am also lucky to have a second car to help me get from A to B while my GT-R is having the biz done:cool:

Cheers,
Henry:smokin:

PS Stu your GT-S is well on its way mate,my GT-R is due early December.:)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mesh

I reckon it looks great to start with, but in a coupe of months all the fins are bent to buggery from stones and it doesn't look so smart.

I wonder if there's a cooler looking protector so you can have the best of all worlds?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Chipped

I don't know Joss. Mine still looks fine. I suppose it is just a case of if you are unlucky or not. A bit like punctures, or in Jamies case, number plates in the offside brake intake duct :D .

glen

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Re: Mesh

Joss said:
I reckon it looks great to start with, but in a coupe of months all the fins are bent to buggery from stones and it doesn't look so smart.
....especially if you go to Kemble again! :(

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Mesh

Ian.

Did you hit the 2 instead of the 1. I do like the N7701F. Mind you don't they do this at B&Q ?

glen

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Monster Mesh!

Yes I believe they do that kind iof stuff in B&Q!

I have a standard black mesh over my HKS front mount and you can still see it in its sparkling silver glory no problem. I am glad I had the mesh over it as I encountered a lot of bits and bobs littering the lanes whilst on my w/e away!:D

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Bits and Bobs

Ian.

If I drove fast enough I might damage me intercooler.

I have had a few bugs squashed on the outside of me rear window though :D . Poor sods couldn't get past ;) .

glen

·
Registered
506 Posts
Henry

Henry,

Cheers for the update:D . No pushing in mind;) Me first, me first:D :D

What turbos did you go for in the end?:smokin:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Stu

Hi Stu,
after much research I still can`t make up my mind so I`m going to run her in on my HKS GT25/10`s.

I am very interested to see what they do with Glens R34 at the newly renamed ;
"Glenabbey Motorsport":D :D :D .(Sounds like a good Whiskey &
Have a GREAT TIME IN JAPAN GUYS)

Wait & see

;) Henry:smokin:

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Good whiskey

Henry. Yeah it does as it goes.

Although knowing you and Gary (GT-ART) you'll no doubt be 'brewing' something up between you both :D .

If I see something in Japan to help with your traction in the Blitz Supra Henry I'll bring it back. Mind you a big block of concrete might take me into excess baggage but hey, for you Henry no probs ;) .

Keep well and say hello to Richard for me.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
You forget Glen he,s got traction control, but nobody has told him where the switch is to turn it on :D
Or is it that Henry just likes burning rubber :eek:
Have fun in japland you might see father christmas :D
Opps Sorry thats lapland
Have fun anyway
Best regards Alan :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts