GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i was thinking about loads of randon stuff the weekend ant i thought one of the mods i did to my subaru was intercooler water spray , has anyone done this on a skyline and was there much bennifit ?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
loads of viewers but no replys ? come on guys someone must know

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it tho? i recon i can fit one myself , but just wanted to know if anyone has already dont it and is there any bennifits?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i'm tempted
where i live in greece i'ts very hot in the summer 40.c +
when the kids get hot we spray there faces with a water spray then stand them in front of the fan it makes you very cold really quickly the process on the intercooler is exactily the same so it should work well

·
Registered
896 Posts
i had a oem intercooler water spray on my mitsubishi lancer 8. I didn't noticed any difference when i used the spray. I saw a test some years ago and they said it do not make any difference. When you spray nos on your intercooler it makes huge difference..but not water...

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i had a oem intercooler water spray on my mitsubishi lancer 8. I didn't noticed any difference when i used the spray. I saw a test some years ago and they said it do not make any difference. When you spray nos on your intercooler it makes huge difference..but not water...

just my 2 cents
i wouldn't expect to notice a difference in performance but the cooler the charge air the less chance of knock ..so it can only be a good thing .

·
Registered
220 Posts
You'd be better off injecting water mist into the intercooler rather than on the outside of it to prevent knock. Like the aquamist kit.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You'd be better off injecting water mist into the intercooler rather than on the outside of it to prevent knock. Like the aquamist kit.
i know but this one is only £40 and the water injection kits are far more expensive..... they must have some benefit or subaru wouldn't fit them to the sti's

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

just my 2 cents
aint the noz spray kit called aq purge kit? or is it noz intercooler spray ?

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
mook are you surprised mate .... it was a punto bruv ;)
WOTEVA, I RAN 1.43 BAR ON DAT BAD BOY AND GOT CHARGE TEPMZ OF AMBIENT PLUZ FERTY INNIT

WIV MI SPRAY IT DUN FUK ALL DISPITE MI FRUNT MUNT INTACOOLA

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

p.s. the above is actually true

1 - 20 of 31 Posts