GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Cool site you got here. I have a Focus RS at the moment but fancy something more powerful. I would love the R34 but bit out of my price range so settled on the R33 GTR. The LM edition i like the look of.
got some quiestoins though.
How reliable is the R33? cause with all the electronics on them bet its a nightmare of something goes wrong, also where abouts do people get them serviced? also, Apart from been in Blue, what is the diffrerence between the LM and standard R33 GTrs? il probably think of more questions in a bit but thats it for now, lol

Many thanks

James.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi James,

Welcome to the forum,

Have a go at the search function at the top mate,

All your questions should be answered pretty easily there :)

With the LM question there is no difference in power just colour and a few trimmings distinguish them from a R33 GTR, I think all of them are v-specs but not totally sure.

Sev

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate, will have a go with the search function. :)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Yep, all LM's are indeed V-spec, so should have the A-LSD light on the rev counter. GTR decals with a chequered flag should also adorn the C pillars and the adjustable rear blade must be a carbon fibre Nismo item.

They all (98 of them worldwide, that is) wear a coat of champion blue paintwork.

Generally, the electronics in R33's (and all Skylines for that matter) are pretty robust, and I'd stick my neck out here and say one with dodgy electrics will be an absolute dog.

Abbey motorsport, RB motorsport, GT-Art, Rk Tuning are only some of the multitude of tuners that will be more than happy to help with maintaining you're Skyline.

Good luck Skyline hunting

Steve:)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply mate, have found a nice LM 24K which is quite a bit more than a normal R33, spose they are rare though.
will keep on hunting.

James.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi mate.
Thanks for the offer, but not really made my mind up what i want yet. Dont want you go go searching then i change my mind, lol
might go for a normal R33 Gtr.

James.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jus seen pics of yours, does look stunning.

·
Registered
553 Posts
James,

ANY good quality GTR will blow you away, don't get too hung-up on getting a R33,

Have a look around mate and think carefully before you buy.

I was really sure I wanted a R33 but when I saw some of the R32s at Jap-Fest, especially Toby's Nismo-esque jobbie, my previous opinions on them being dated and boxy were washed away.

Moreover, I would budget around £2k per year on maintenance alone,

Sev

1 - 11 of 11 Posts