GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the boot light and map light covers in order to swap the bulbs?

Protegimus

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easy when you know how ...use a small flat bladed screwdriver to gently pry open the latch in the direction marked with the arrow in the first image. It will disengage from the small retention clip (circled) to provide access to the bulb, you need to lever it quite far.

Thanks for the link Buzby, decided not to do the map lights after seeing the photo's - too clinical.

Protegimus

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hang fire for now with any boot light upgrades!!

I have a little project on the go that will fix it for good.

I'm just waiting on 1 last part to arrive and I'll post up the result.

Satan

·
Registered
924 Posts
Easy when you know how ...use a small flat bladed screwdriver to gently pry open the latch in the direction marked with the arrow in the first image. It will disengage from the small retention clip (circled) to provide access to the bulb, you need to lever it quite far.

Thanks for the link Buzby, decided not to do the map lights after seeing the photo's - too clinical.

Protegimus
Protegimus

For the very small cost in time and SMD bulbs, I think you would see a vast difference.

I did mine and would never go back.

Everybody comments when they get in mine how bright the interior is. Well worth it IMHO.

Satan.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Finally !!

At last all the parts have now arrived to make my "super bright" boot light.

Will try and solder everything up over the next couple of nights and get some pics put up.

If it's as good as I hope, no more fumbling in the dark!:thumbsup:

(Well not in the boot anyway :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:)

Satan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts