GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an R33 and have noticed when looking at pictures from the auctions in Japan what a shocking condition many interiors are in for the (low) mileage covered. Specifically it is usually steering wheels, gear knobs and gaitors, and door trims.

Do the Japanese get so frustrated at driving everywhere at 24 mph that they sit scratching and picking at the cockpit?
:D

Is it just the build quality of the Skyline as I have never seen steering wheels in such awful condition (don't hit me - I have not seen any bad ones over here ;) ). The first thing I look at now is the interior!

Interior - spelt inferior :D

Still looking...

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
IMO the skyline interiors are built to a very high standard.

Mines covered 26K miles and no wear on the pedal rubbers, steering wheel or gearknob.

All the door cards are all fine. Infact my interior is TOTALLY MINT

·
Registered
961 Posts
they proberly play the mix the old car with the new car game to sell em!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Unfortunately I'd have to agree that the Skyline isn't exactly blessed with the most durable of interiors. My car had got 70K on the clock when purchased, needless to say the gear knob and steering wheel were in a mess...

though I guess it all depends on the previous owner. You have to remember we spend so much time sitting in traffic here (Japan) that although a car may have only done x number of miles, in reality the car has been "used" a lot!

...travelling without moving...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts