GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a bit if a dilemma that I'm swaying 50/50 with at the moment.

I don't know if I should keep the interior stock or replace? At the moment everything is stock apart from a few guages and a boost controller.

My main point in question is the interior seats.

This all came about because I have a tear in the bolster area of my drivers seat. Now I have found a company that can repair it but they want £120 for the work and for me to supply the fabric. That got me thinking at that price I may as well just replace the seat completely with another stock one.

That then got me thinking of maybe forgetting about the stock interior and replace completely with aftermarket.

I am thinking about replacing the stock GT-R seats with better sports seats, getting rid of the rear seats as they never get used and adding a harness for that track spec look. The car is mainly used for the road but I would like to do some track time in the future. I would also like a half cage the future and I won't lie why mainly for looks to be honest and I do like them.

Anyway looking for your personal opinions and advice here really. Do I keep everything stock or rip out and replace? What have your guys done with your interior and please post some pics to give me some ideas.

Car is a R33 GT-R.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Only problem with a full cage is hitting your head on it whilst not wearing a helmet.
I've gone for Kansai 1/2 cage, medium density PU foam filled pillars, Recaro SP-A's and kept the rear seats and carpet. They aren't too heavy and keep the road noise down.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and some seat recommendations please. I was looking at the Sparco R333 are they any good as I like the look of them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are the seats im looking at, love the look of them personally but would like to know if anyone has any impressions and advice on fitment ect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts