GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can do this sort of work and roughly what are the costs?

Front seats?
Rear seats?
Dash trim?
Center console?
Doorcards (just the bottom bit)?

Ideally in red, minus the rollcage

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
There's a guy up Milton Keynes way who used to do the trimming for Aston Martin who's supposed to be very good - Dave the Trimmer :)

I can't say how much it may cost but likely to be quite £££

Dave The Trimmer

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a guy up Milton Keynes way who used to do the trimming for Aston Martin who's supposed to be very good - Dave the Trimmer :)

I can't say how much it may cost but likely to be quite £££

Dave The Trimmer
Emailed him, thank you!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're welcome Graham :) Are you planning on getting this done prior to the AGM? If so, would love to see it :thumbsup:
Wont be that quick, its more of a winter project for the car :)

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Email the guys at Middlehurst, they did someones on the forum and it looked great. I asked for prices a couple of times but they never got back to me so I left it for now.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Email the guys at Middlehurst, they did someones on the forum and it looked great. I asked for prices a couple of times but they never got back to me so I left it for now.
And that is why I dont deal with Middlehurst.... I had the same issue when I was buying my car, the communication from them was shockingly bad!

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Hi Graham, our trimmer could handle that no problem. Obviously we aren't on the doorstep though.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Graham, our trimmer could handle that no problem. Obviously we aren't on the doorstep though.
PMd

Speak to jay at Sextons London. He sorted mine out. Also did sound deadening and some excellent audio work at the same time
Forgot about them, thanks

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On this note, are the premium & black edition seats the same? Same mounts, shape, size, heated seats, etc?

If they are the same, minus the red stripe, I would be tempted to swap before I do the custom work :)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
On this note, are the premium & black edition seats the same? Same mounts, shape, size, heated seats, etc?

If they are the same, minus the red stripe, I would be tempted to swap before I do the custom work :)
I believe that they're the same except for the stripe mate.

Did you decide on which company you will go with to do the trimming yet?

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. Will start collecting some parts soon then.

Undecided.... Had 2 quotes 4k +vat and 5k +vat. Which seems a little steep since other cars are having the same work done for 2k.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Watching this with interest as I too fancy a change to the cabin but crikey, those quotes do seem a little steep.

I also got in touch with Middlehurst but still waiting on a reply too. At the moment I'm happy to wait for it though seeing as they are much cheaper! But then I guess it depends on what you got quoted for? I'd looking for the Porsche GT3 look, with a mix of leather and alcantara rather than full leather - although the cross stitch leather in your pic does look nice.

I got the same type of cross stitch leather in my Transporter van by a company called Carlex (through a guy in Wales) and it is lovely quality leather - should be as it is the same supplier as Bentley apparently. I noticed on the Carlex site that they also do GT-Rs...now thinking it might be worth giving them a shout? They are based in Poland though so would still need a trimmer in the UK to fit...unless you fancy a road trip!? :chuckle:

What about a group buy type idea for it?

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
OMg PIMP Graham's Ride - Why ???

Spend the dosh on driver training and go FASTER !!!!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
The materials were quoted at 1200 and the labour was 2800 for 70 hours.
I can do it for less, now where is my stanley knife and Grahams car ??:chuckle:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not all about going faster! GTR is best all round package car IMHO, I'm just trying to improve some of the bits that Nissan left out ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts