GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have had a very irritating fault start occuring on my r32 gtr. When it is cold everythig seems fine. then when it gets a bit warm a misfire occurs. You can feel it on idle and right through the rev range, although i am reluctant to rev it when this happens as it seems to get worse the higher the r.p.m. Then all of a sudden it clears up.

The car usually idles at 1050-1100 r.p.m. this drops to 800-900 when misfire happens. Also yesterday on the motorway started misfiring again and the exhaust temp warning light came on, lifted of the gas and it went out after 30 secs. Plugs are greddy iridiums changed no more than 1500 miles ago. Coils seem clean, and I don't tend to do short journeys in it. Also running standard boost.

Please please can some one help my car sounds like a dud scooby.:smokin:

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Milo said:
Hello everyone, I have had a very irritating fault start occuring on my r32 gtr. When it is cold everythig seems fine. then when it gets a bit warm a misfire occurs. You can feel it on idle and right through the rev range, although i am reluctant to rev it when this happens as it seems to get worse the higher the r.p.m. Then all of a sudden it clears up.

The car usually idles at 1050-1100 r.p.m. this drops to 800-900 when misfire happens. Also yesterday on the motorway started misfiring again and the exhaust temp warning light came on, lifted of the gas and it went out after 30 secs. Plugs are greddy iridiums changed no more than 1500 miles ago. Coils seem clean, and I don't tend to do short journeys in it. Also running standard boost.

Please please can some one help my car sounds like a dud scooby.:smokin:
Sounds exactly the same as when one of my AFMs had an intermittent fault.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Defo sounds like an ignition problem. Could be AFMs or ignition amplifier, or maybe a loose wire causing a voltage fault. Have you checked connections of any aftermarket bits?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts