GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, hi to everyone, I'm new R35 MY09 owner and looking forward to participating here for years to come.

Few months after I got my godzilla I noticed the slight issue with center console, when turning blower/volume/temperature knobs they seem to be very temperamental, ie whilst increasing volume it sometimes goes down, or suddenly jumps to maximum, or sometimes few turns does not have any effect at all. It seems that only control knobs affected by this weird issue and I was wondering if anyone had this and could direct me on how to fix it.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Hi grybaz, welcome to the forum.

Assuming your MFD is OK, and has no issues, this looks like it could be a fault with dirty potentiometers (knob switches) for those switches that are playing up.

Get yourself some electrical contact cleaner and spray it so it gets in behind the knobs. Then turn the knobs a few times in each direction. You might find you have to do this a few times to get it to work.

Hope you have it all sorted soon :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SKNAM, 100% spot on, many thanks for that...
Taken all knobs off, sprayed some contact cleaner, compressed air and everything as new !!!

Hi grybaz, welcome to the forum.

Assuming your MFD is OK, and has no issues, this looks like it could be a fault with dirty potentiometers (knob switches) for those switches that are playing up.

Get yourself some electrical contact cleaner and spray it so it gets in behind the knobs. Then turn the knobs a few times in each direction. You might find you have to do this a few times to get it to work.

Hope you have it all sorted soon :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts