GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a few issues;

1. Fluid in ATTESA Resevoir will not settle to bottom of resevior, causing a low level. (screen clogged)?
2. Clicking noise in trunk...Probably related to problem 1.
3. Alternator stops charging at random intervals.
4. HICAS light and Battery light illuminate.

Could the charging problem be related to the fluid being low causing the relay for the ATTESA(4WD) to come on all the time, drawing too many AMPS from the alternator? In return causing the HICAS to malfunction and the battery to not get the charge needed 12V? Or is the alternator just going out and causing all of the other problems? At first glance I see no problems with any components except I cant get the fluid to settle in the ATTESA resevoir.

Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those that have had the same issues with their 32.

1. Fluid in resevoir appearing to not settle is normal. There is a filter in the bottle which makes it look like its not settling.
2. The clicking noise in the trunk is the relay for the ATTESA. The acumulator is losing its charge and the relay is clicking on and off trying to pressurize.
3&4. When the alternator dies the HICAS loses the required voltage to stay energized and it starts acting like its pulsating. The battery light on the dash will begin to illuminate and the car will eventually die. A good way to troubleshoot this is to have a friend jump off the car and leave the cables hooked up. Your car will act normally till you take the cables off, because the alternator from the car doing the jumping will provide the same power as your alternator. You should be able to find an alternator on fleebay for pretty cheap.

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts