GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm sorry if this has been done to death and I have done a search but cant find my specific problem.

About a week ago I had the flat tyre warning light come up on the offside front, I checked the pressure on the screen and it said 0psi, then a few moments later the pressure came back but obviously the fault had been registered, so I purchased a used ecutek cable from here and reset it code and was fine.

Anyway... today the same happened so I guess it might be going bad. my questions are:
  • Do they have an internal battery?

• Is it charged by Kinetic/Centrifugal energy?
  • Are my issues the start of a typical failure and just get on and replace it?
It feels like, that the car doesn't pick up that sensor fast enough and then records a failure, I wonder if the internal battery (if it has one) isn't powerful enough.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Sounds to me like a failing sensor hence its 0psi reading. Usually the MFD shows "***" when the car's receiver doesn't get any signal from the TPMS sender in the tyre.

Not heard of many failures to be honest but this'd be my guess.

They're not overly expensive to buy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Most places should be able to change the sensor without removing the tyre just ask them to brake the bead on the outside rim then use the arm on the machine to push the tyre so they can replace the sensor, That's how I do mine
Phil

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most places should be able to change the sensor without removing the tyre just ask them to brake the bead on the outside rim then use the arm on the machine to push the tyre so they can replace the sensor, That's how I do mine
Phil
Yeah I did think that too to be honest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts