GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People opinions on this?

Personally have never been in an internally gated car running atmospheric screamer(s) so not sure if it's as good as the real thing?

(My opinion only) i love the sound of an external gate and screamer,but throughout my search on various skyline threads there appears to be a high demand for internally gated screamers?

I have heard they ALL leak Terribly unless bought from AM performance in oz.
Due to them welding a piece in that slides up into the turbo housing to stop the leaking gasses but surely will still leak slightly on screamer side?

Any one ever ran one of these?

Just out of interest?

·
Registered
720 Posts
i have an external waste gate and a screener pipe and a dump valve and i haven't had any problems with them at all ever (7 years) i do know it depends on the quality of the equipment you put on,i only ever put good quality(usually expensive) parts on,otherwise they usually cause problems,buy cheap buy twice.

simon

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have an external waste gate and a screener pipe and a dump valve and i haven't had any problems with them at all ever (7 years) i do know it depends on the quality of the equipment you put on,i only ever put good quality(usually expensive) parts on,otherwise they usually cause problems,buy cheap buy twice.

simon
Totally agree but obviously as your running an external gate your doing it properly so your less likely to have any problems but I'm wondering how these internal gated screamer pipe kits go up against the real thing?

I'm thinking using an internal gate the screamer won't have the same rasp as your set up?

anyone on here run the pipes on internally gated turbos?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Screamer pipes on internally wastegated tubbies sounds pants IMHO...
They're nothing like and external wastegate with screamer pipe, it's been covered on here in the past though ;)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Had one on my gtst and made the car alot slower and sounded like a tank on idle. If your going to do it, get a proper external setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts