GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Brief introduction for you all.
I used to have a Skyline, March 1999 for 1 year. Then had to sell it 'cos my baby daughter and all the associated stuff that goes with her wouldn't fit in the boot. I was so fed up I walked home 5 miles from the garage that bought it off me. :(
It was 1994 GTs-t Type M. Black, and totally standard , but I loved it.
Anyways, shes 2 now, we have a family car the wife is happy with, a Vectra. I hate it, but hell, she has to drive the thing. I'm driving a 1991 MR2, its Ok, but not a Skyline ya know?
So, subject to sufficient funds being available around April next year, I'm going to get myself a GT-R. God I can't wait. :D
Will 15k be enough to get me a decent one? I see Abbey have a white GT-R, with 48k miles going for 15k, that would suit me to a tee. Any views on this?

Nice to " meet " you all. great site by the way.
I'll see some of you at the next Dyno session at Tuning Japanese.

I only live 2 minutes from them, should be fun.

Pete

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joss,

Thanks for that. Do Abbey regulary have them for sale, or would I do better going private? The idea of some warranty and service history appeals to me no end!!

·
Banned
349 Posts
15k next april will get you a good R33 no problem.

I know exactly how you feel, I once had to part with a 32 because of money I then suffered from withdrawal simptoms until I bought my latest 33 which incidently is avaliable now if you could persuade your wife to let you have it. An early christmas present perhaps?!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jamie,

I'd love to take you up on your offer, but I wont be in a position to buy until April 2002.
Sorry. If you could hold off until then, then maybe we can do a deal? :D

Pete

·
Banned
349 Posts
In a perfect world I would!

But that small thing called cash flow won't allow. Anyway I think there are about 5 to 600 R33's in the country so you shouldn't have to much of a problem finding what you want.

A word of warning though. Once you've had a Skyline all other cars seem ordinary afterwards. For me, I aim to have one in the garage until I die!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts