GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else found that their bluetooth phone audio is no longer working since they've updated to iOS 8?

I've found that since installing iOS 8, my iPhone no longer works with the GTR, Mercedes or Parrot bluetooth

The only 3 I've tried so far = 100% fail!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Haven't tried my iPhone 5s in the GTR since iOS8, but i'll find out tomorrow as going on a run!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm on ios 8.0.2 and worked with my GTR.

maybe your Bluetooth is turned off ?
Phone connects to the car & works for streaming bluetooth music

When I receive a phone call, I attempt to answer & the handset itself answers the call but the car keeps 'ringing' as if the call hasn't been answered.

Changing the audio source from 'handset' to 'bluetooth' on the iPhone make no difference either.

The symptoms are almost identical for me on GTR/MB/Parrot & I've tried it with each update - iOS 8, iOS 8.0.1 and iOS 8.0.2 all run on an iPhone 5S with no luck.

Also tried deleting all devices from my phone and re-adding them etc but no progress.

Something doesn't like me somewhere!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
IOS8.0.1 had huge issues where it stopped phones from making and accepting calls so that could well be your issue with the 8.0.1 device?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Fine in both the GTR and the 7 series on both iOS 8 and 8.0.2

If in doubt delete the pairing on BOTH devices, i.e. delete the GT-R from the iPhone and delete the iPhone from the GT-R, then repair.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems like it's just me then so I'll start from scratch with it this evening and see how I get on

Thanks again

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've found a 'fix' online that says resetting all of your phones settings to default and setting it up from scratch will sort it so I've reset them all and will test later

I'm going with user-error.
I'm going with Apple releasing a shoddy operating system before it's ready!

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
So a handful out of 10 million+ devices is shoddy?

I'll take those odds.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So a handful out of 10 million+ devices is shoddy?

I'll take those odds.
Don't get me wrong, I like Apple and their products as much as the next guy but I wouldn't say the launch of the iPhone 6/Plus or iOS 8 has gone ever so smoothly for them for various reasons.

It has an air of being rushed about it to me. Feels amateurish / unpolished

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Nah. You're dealing with odds in the 0.00x% range. Nothing will ever be perfect.

You just hear about iOS more than others because it's cool to beat on Apple.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts