GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
plan to use my iPhone as navi insted of TomTom /lazy to take it off every time I leave the car/ so I'm looking for some holder, at best no screws to dashboard

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TomTom for iPhone sux because of the maps. There is Western Europe pack and Eastern Europe both for like 70 EUR. So for me as Czech i need to get both. Navigon has whole Europe in one price

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think the iphone sucks as the GPS signal is so weak. Go somewhere remote and your satnav packs up. Very useful.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Copilot live for me :)

I've used the brodit dash clip with their iPhone 3gs holder. Works a treat with no gps issues at all.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Copilot live for me :)

I've used the brodit dash clip with their iPhone 3gs holder. Works a treat with no gps issues at all.
I'm thinking of trading my Blackberry for an iPhone. I was in my car yesterday and borrowed a friend's iPhone with TomTom, and also the TomTom cradle with enhanced GPS and its own speaker.

It worked very well as a sat nav, but when I started the TomTom app through Bluetooth, it automatically disconnected the actual phone's bluetooth, meaning that calls did not come through the car whilst the satnav was working.

Is this the case with CoPilot too? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, you can't get music from the iPhone through the car speakers, but I guess we all knew that anyway as there is no A2DP in the car (or whatever the bluetooth music standard is...). Works fine in my Subaru through my Parrot phone kit.

And another quick one. Does the petrol locator on the Copilot show where Shell stations are, as my car demands 99 octane? The TomTom does, albeit along with other brands. I found the so-called downloadable Shell station locator on Shell's web site impossible to download to the iPhone.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Firstly I only have copilot live, so I cannot comment on the TomTom software.

I have my iphone connected to 87.7 on FM thru the Dension link hardware (see my thread about it).

With this I get the following..

1. Satnav voice thru speakers.

2. Copilot allows me to create a playlist so I also get music thru the speakers off my iphone.

3. Music lowers to allow satnav voice to be heard.

4. Iphone will automatically ring when a call comes thru, and goes right back to satnav and music once the call is over.

Remember non-nav cars will never have A2DP bluetooth capabilities so the only way to have put your iphone music or iphone satnav voice is using an FM solution.

The 2 options are

1. Hardwired with my Dension solution.

2. FM transmitter

Take your pick!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts