GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am having issues with my ipod nano- it works fine, ie plays music but wont connect to anything like my laptop or headuint (which is specifically for ipods).

It doesnt show in my computer or itunes and i cant find anything on the net other than to reset it. I have tried the reset on the ipod but this just changes the language etc. :chairshot

I suspect it may have downloaded a later software version on the quiet as it was left connected to my laptop the other day.

Does anyone know how to properly reset it without itunes or should i just take it to an apple store? :nervous:

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
It shouldn't update the software without asking you to confirm first.

Does it charge when plugged into your laptop mate ?

You've tried the hold-off-hold-off-hold-off and two button reset yeah ?

Does sound odd...trip to bluewater apple store might be the easiest solution.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Connect to a different computer with the latest iTunes and reformat/update firmware again.
This worked for my gf's iPhone when the last update went pear shaped.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys.

Snowfiend, yeah it does charge off the laptop but just cant be recognised. Whats the "hold-off-hold-off-hold-off and two button reset"? I have fiddled with the hold button and tried the reset in the ipod menu options, is this it or something else?

Infamous t, will try that tonight, hopefully it will work.

Went to apple bluewater today but didnt realise i need an appointment, oops. Will try other things first as i cant get there till next week.

Thanks once again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts