GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done a search but im still not 100% clear on something. Is there an official iPod connection kit supplied by Nissan for UK cars??? A friend from another forum found a part number for an official iPod kit but when i rang 2 dealers yesterday they said they didnt recognise the part number and suggested it might be a US/Jap number. But neither could clarify if there was an iPod kit available for UK cars????? They said they would get back to me. Can anyone tell me the exact situation. Im sick of burning CD's to play in the car!!! I dont really want to use an FM transmitter in order to use my Nano/iPod as ive not got on with them in the past. I just want a kit properly fitted so i can use my Nano in the car. Is this possible or not??? Please help!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, i read your posts Charles - my problem being that i am totally useless at anything technical and would never even contemplate trying your solutions for fear of totally wrecking my car. What i want is to take it to a dealer, say fit this iPod kit, pay them probably lots of money and then drive my car away with everything working fine. My dealer actually rang me today and said they are hoping to sort out the same kind of solution as they have with the quashquai or whatever its bloody called!!??

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
I've heard that too. Strangely though, our cars have been released since April, and yet still no solution. FRankly I think they're no closer to a solution than I was 2 months ago!

The Dension idea works absolutely fine. My iPhone even cuts out when a call is received, and carries on afterwards so I'm a happy bunny!

I would expect a decent auto sparky to charge maybe £100 to fit it as it is pretty easy as long as you get the aerial adaptor that I listed.

Add in a brodit/dashmount holder as I've done and it's a neat solution. I'd doubt the Nissan Qashqui thing is going to do anything extra that this solution doesnt.

Personally I coudnt be arsed waiting for the HPCs to pull their fingers out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i lived closer to you Charles i would pay you a handsome fee to do the install for me!! Guess i will just have to live with shitty CD's for the forseeable future - joke really but hey ho!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts