GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is there a hell of a lot of Skyline for sale just recently?

I know the market is flooded with as loads have been brought over in the last couple of years but I have just check New Posts on here and every other thread was a skyline for sale :rolleyes:

Whats everyone doing upgrading there Skylines or moving on to another make?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Well, i know what u mean George... but my R32 aint going anywhere... mine for keeps :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was wondering the other week what on earth will I buy after the R33 GTR?
Then a nice R34 GTR came to mind. Ah well......

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
I was thinking that a 3 litre would be nice in my car. Have not got the money at the moment so will have to keep the car until I can afford it:)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Mines not going anywhere either :)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
GeorgeGTR said:
Is it me or is there a hell of a lot of Skyline for sale just recently?

I know the market is flooded with as loads have been brought over in the last couple of years but I have just check New Posts on here and every other thread was a skyline for sale :rolleyes:

Whats everyone doing upgrading there Skylines or moving on to another make?
True George.
I see them all the time. Sad really when i first wanted one there was none to find ahhh well that's life i suppose.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Not just that Dave - but if you have the same car for long enough & do a lot to them they do become part of the family:p
even my missus loves it now & thats taken 2 years of :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: from her :p
as for the kids they would disown me if i sold it :) or thats the line Im sticking to :)

davewilkins said:
other than down the 1/4 mile in record time:clap:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
pmsl :clap: :chuckle: now theres a statement that could well be echoed around the forum whilst we all secretly tap away !!

ANDY H said:
The house and the misses goes first.

·
Administrator
31,760 Posts
Its top of my car tree, only way up from here is a supercar and that ain't ever gonna happen.

way i see it is i've got to get a re-map, body parts, engine bling, different wheels, bigger turbo's, uprated suspesion, brakes, you name it, i want to change it, and simply changing cars won't give me that fulfilment.

you'll just have to put up with me!

mook

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine's here for keeps too. Would be nice if a 34 could join the family at some point, but i wont be selling my 32 to do it!

·
6,821 Posts
The prices are falling only in the UK, as you guys are the only lucky ones , who can import and drive right hand cars from japan . . . . your market is saturated with imports . . . no exclusive anymore.:(
When I look ebay.uk and I see the the 3500GBP price range for R33GTSs, I feel like Christmas, for that price you only get shit Golfs and french crap in the EU.;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
The prices are falling only in the UK, as you guys are the only lucky ones
That's what I told 'em on another post the other day... Prices are dropping only in the UK! For us on the continent it's a crazy thing to buy a Jap import... Price is double or even more once registered... :runaway:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gtrlux said:
When I look ebay.uk and I see the the 3500GBP price range for R33GTSs, I feel like Christmas, for that price you only get shit Golfs and french crap in the EU.;)
For that price you wont get a very good one really though, There is allot of rubish out there!!

Don't sell just improve :clap:

·
6,821 Posts
GeorgeGTR said:
For that price you wont get a very good one really though, There is allot of rubish out there!!
You are right with that, but the point is the following: In the EU a good 1998 Impreza 220HP (the STI was never sold in Europe) costs around 6000GBP.
An EU-Supra around 16000GBP, RX7 (if you can find one) 14000GBP, NSX don't ask . . . . as there are no imports, that's all you can get.( you can't buy a sub 6sec 0-100kph car in the EU under 14000GBP)
Any GTR under 20000GBP or a GTS33 under 10000GBP is bargain for the EU .. . because you buy a rare super car for a crap VW price, but unusal performamce:chuckle: . . .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts