GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been looking at the MLR Sprint results from Hethel, some interesting times posted , it either appears Flynn is actually a bit good behind the wheel or a bog standard MY14 car is actually rather good when compared to a highly modified GTR. Flynn was only 1 sec behind in times from George's GTR which is a fire breathing Syvec equipped 850bhp stage 5 with carbon ceramic brake set up. I noticed George only did two runs so he may have had a problem but it still shows just how good a standard GTR is.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
My14 is very good out the box. R888's would have been nice, but the new Dunlop runflats weren't to bad to be fair.

What a great track by the way.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Flynn can't be that good because on our CAT driver training gymkhana event, he beat me by 0.05 of a second and I am a crap driver - despite both of us annihilating everyone else.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
He properly gave it beans on the last lap of the day Barry :chuckle: I did have a problem with a misfire at high revs and so was running low boost as that made the problem less intrusive. Funnily enough, I was looking back at the same track last year and Lawsy ran a high 1:23 lap in a stage 2/3 MY09 car on R888s :bowdown1:

·
Vendor
480 Posts
Flynn was running nearly identical power to Lawsy last year if I remember right. Pat, what was your time last year as a comparison?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Flynn was running nearly identical power to Lawsy last year if I remember right. Pat, what was your time last year as a comparison?
Lawsy was about a second faster than Flynn and I was about a minute slower than both of them :chuckle:

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
http://www.lancerregister.com/downloads/2013 Rd6 All Competitive.pdf

1.24.45 last year, although I reckon the track was a little bit longer as the start line was further forward this year,

I would have had Lawsy last year, but messed up on my last lap....honest ;)

Really impressed with the 2014 car out the box. Shame its up for sale :(

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
good luck with the house - trying to do something similar myself and keep getting signs from god at every turning saying, "go back, go back!"

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
If I dont do it now, I never will.

There is a chance Ill end up with a piece of grass, a pile of bricks and a caravan

Its a bit scary

·
Registered
457 Posts
Looking at this thread sooo makes me want another one.

Was a good day last year at hethel.

Similar paced on the big circuits to the 600bhp evos .

Small tighter circuits and it's not so close as more suited to the evos

Ps Flynn, I was showboating drifting with one arm. :runaway:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts