GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone enlighten me on the tyre rotation? I have a set of bridgestones ready to go on but they have an inside and outside with a rotation arrow which means one tyre back and front will be wrong.:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Did you get them from Kwik Fit?

You should have been given a proper set of 4, with the correct rotation etc. e.g a Left and a Right of each size..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get them from Kwik Fit?

You should have been given a proper set of 4, with the correct rotation etc. e.g a Left and a Right of each size..
If that is right then my original dunlops FROM FACTORY and not correct. Never noticed before but the tread pattern is opposite which would suggest in the wet the odd tyre isn't dispersing the water as designed.

·
Registered
723 Posts
AFAIK, assymetrical tyres don't have given rotation direction. Assymetrical tires (Good Year F1 Asimetrico, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Michelin PS2 - I had those models on my other car) have only "Outside" and "Inside" side of the tyre. The rotation is not given and there aren't left and right tyres.
I also had Toyo Proxes T1R (it is not assymetrical tyre, it is V shape pattern) and it doesn't have "inside" and "outside", it has given direction and the arrow that is showing the direction.
As GTR Dunlops (RE070) are assymetrical and I didn't notice the arrow on the tire showing the direction, I suppose that it is the same story as with other assymetrical tyres (I doubt that there are left and right tires for GTR...) It would really be too complicated...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AFAIK, assymetrical tyres don't have given rotation direction. Assymetrical tires (Good Year F1 Asimetrico, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Michelin PS2 - I had those models on my other car) have only "Outside" and "Inside" side of the tyre. The rotation is not given and there aren't left and right tyres.
I also had Toyo Proxes T1R (it is not assymetrical tyre, it is V shape pattern) and it doesn't have "inside" and "outside", it has given direction and the arrow that is showing the direction.
As GTR Dunlops (RE070) are assymetrical and I didn't notice the arrow on the tire showing the direction, I suppose that it is the same story as with other assymetrical tyres (I doubt that there are left and right tires for GTR...) It would really be too complicated...
The Dunlops do have a directional arrow on the outside of the tyre like Bridgestone.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't notice that, I'll take a look today...
That actually means that we have to buy LEFT and RIGHT tyres for the GTR??? I have never heared that any car has that...
OMG...

·
Registered
570 Posts
ARGHHH, Just checked my Kwik Fit tyres and yep, I have 2 sets of drivers side tyres. LOL, ****ing hell!!

Phoned Kwik Fit and in all fairness to them they have given me no trouble but have noted that there is no different code numbers for left and right tyres!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Are you sure that there is an arrow on factory tires ? i didn't notice that

·
Registered
723 Posts
Guys, I think that you mixed something...
There is no direction arrow on Dunlop tyres...there is a Dunlop sign that can be mixed with an arrow by mistake...
But on V shape tyres (Good Year Wrangler winter tyres that I checked on another car), there is an arrow and the word "Direction" is written. Ofcourse, those tyres don't have "outside" - "inside"
I have to say that I would bet in 100€ that GTR Dunlop Summer tyres are normal assymetric and have no direction... ;)
Who is with me? :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you sure that there is an arrow on factory tires ? i didn't notice that
To be honest i thought someone would have replied back explaining the tread pattern as i know there are a lot of knowledgable people on here when it comes to performance etc. Have i mistaken the run flat tyre sign with the arrow pointing one way as not an arrow but purely a sign:eek:

·
Registered
570 Posts
To be honest i thought someone would have replied back explaining the tread pattern as i know there are a lot of knowledgable people on here when it comes to performance etc. Have i mistaken the run flat tyre sign with the arrow pointing one way as not an arrow but purely a sign:eek:
I have looked at my BS tyres and the only way to have the tread the same on both sides is to have L and R handers if the little arrow is to be believed. I am still awaiting an answer from Kwik Fit

·
Registered
723 Posts
I am still assuming you that there are no left and right tires for GTR... :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have looked at my BS tyres and the only way to have the tread the same on both sides is to have L and R handers if the little arrow is to be believed. I am still awaiting an answer from Kwik Fit
I'm popping into Sumo Power tomorrow morning to have new front pads fitted so i will see what they think.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well the Bridgestones do appear to have an arrow on them.

With the set I have the tread will run one way on one side and the other way on the otherside.

I have no idea whether that is correct but it looks very odd to me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
So can someone anwer this question about tyre markings?

The Dunlops and Bridgestones both have this symbol.

It is looks like a tyre in side view with a line coming from the bottom of it and the line has an arrowhead on it.

It looks a little like a snail when it is out of its shell :)

What does this represent?

Is this a runflat symbol?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it is the runflat symbol.
I asked them at Sumo whilst they fitted new pads, Mark said my Dunlops are fitted correctly and so it must be a sign but he cannot say about the Bridges until i take them down to fit on mine, by this he means the tread pattern and not the sign.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
there is no left or right tyre.

just make sure you have the outside to outside..

i have done 2 sets of potensas now..

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts