GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title, it seems like it's just a matter of time till it fails, and if it's a Nav unit then chances are Nissan wont fix it (Unless you still have a warranty with them).

Anyone with a Nav unit 09/2010 with lots of miles and no Audio issues?

These things cost upwards of £6k, almost as pricey as a gearbox failure! Shame on you Nissan.

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
my mfd is fine , 09 plate under 25k so lowish miles

r25audio.com have a workaround fix for it tho.. that uses the mfd i think

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
It's a rare occurrence, and posts like this one will put the fear of god into the second hand market!
To be fair, they will all fail, but I suspect the question relates to the "near" future.
I don't think a large %age fail, but as ever only bad news gets posted.

I await the outcome of some of the legal cases against Nissan (or my own unit failing)

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Oct 2010 car 21k miles and works fine

·
Registered
415 Posts
Does anyone with any electronics knowledge actually know what is failing, and is it consistent? i.e. is it the hard disk or another component? Hard disks will always fail unpredictably, but I presume it's not as simple as replacing the drive...

Would be good to know.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Not entirely sure I agree that they'll all fail.
As you know it's impossible to prove a negative, but said failure could be after you and I have both ended!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Looking on the net at the fault cases a few people have mentioned moisture on the boards which would lead to corrosion. In an ideal world some audio electronics technician could have one of these faulty units to rip apart and diagnose.

I honestly believe whatever the fault is, it's something stupid and simple such as corrosion on the board.

Also regarding whoever 'built the units' someone on the US boards stated that: Xanavi is a subsidiary of Clarion. (which is owned by Hitachi) The audio components may well be Clarion equipment, A/V control unit itself is sold to Nissan by Xanavi.

However I can't find much on Xanavi at all other than bringing up results of it being stickered on Nissan GT-R's and other Nissan Sat-Navs and the navigation discs.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.