GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title really. Is it possable to upgrade a standard 33 GTR 4wd system to a v-spec system minus the a-lsd? Would it just need the 4wd ecu or is there parts that i would need? And please don't say just get a v-spec :) . Just wondering if this is possable and what would be involved and what parts would be needed if any besides the ecu. Any input would be great :)

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Ecu, a lot of wiring, a V-Spec diff unit.

Of course it could be done but as you already said - just get a V-Spec.

Mine's put the A-LSD in their R32.5 N1 demo car many years ago.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can understand the a-lsd having wireing but would the v-spec ecu just use what is there but differently compaired to a standard GTR? What sort of parts are we looking at R33 wise? The diff im not that bothered about its more the way the power is moved about useing the many sensors a GTR has. I was not aware of any parts that were different other than the a-lsd and the ecu is a pro. I would be very intrested if anyone can tell me a bit more and give me a bit of insight on the wireing side :)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
I can understand the a-lsd having wireing but would the v-spec ecu just use what is there but differently compaired to a standard GTR? What sort of parts are we looking at R33 wise? The diff im not that bothered about its more the way the power is moved about useing the many sensors a GTR has. I was not aware of any parts that were different other than the a-lsd and the ecu is a pro. I would be very intrested if anyone can tell me a bit more and give me a bit of insight on the wireing side :)
I could be wrong here but without the A-LSD what difference would you see anyway? The ATTESA system has control over the power to the front wheels. I always understood the additional facilities of the V-Spec was the control of the rear diff.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is alot more going on than just the rear diff. Torgue transfare under brakeing is one, the standard GTR does not do this. V-spec also takes into account vertical motion and accelaration and de-accelaration and standard does not. The 4wd system works a bit different also. If you start to slide in a standard GTR the 4wd will start to kick in, and in a v-spec this does not happen until you start to turn into the slide. So there are a few differences. So from that point of veiw it seems like software rather than hardware if you take out the a-lsd. This is why i need some info. Maybe i should just call Abby up :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts