GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new here I was wondering if I was possible to convert a gtt into a 4 wheel drive gtr and if it is possible what is required todo so as a gtr is my dream car but will never be able to afford one thanks for your time and help

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
An R34 GT4 (Non turbo AWD) would be a better base, for the price of them or even a GTT your halfway to an early R34 GTR, without even factoring in all the parts to buy/upgrade/change + labour.

Possible? Yes.
Cheaper? Probably not.

Re-sale would be worth a shadow of the conversion costs, no one wants to pay GTR money for a 'nearly GTR'

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Now moved to Skyline section but I think all the answers will tell you the same thing, it won't be worth the effort.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
An R34 GT4 (Non turbo AWD) would be a better base, for the price of them or even a GTT your halfway to an early R34 GTR, without even factoring in all the parts to buy/upgrade/change + labour.

Possible? Yes.
Cheaper? Probably not.

Re-sale would be worth a shadow of the conversion costs, no one wants to pay GTR money for a 'nearly GTR'
I'd have thought you could get there for a reasonable cost with an R34.

I'd have thought a GT4 R34 could had for £4k. As long as you didn't want a perfect GTR rep you can get RB26DETT in stock form for very little. If the guy could do the spannering himself I'd have thought it wouldn't be that costly.

It wouldn't be a GTR or even look like a GTR but it would be a lot less than the 25K that an R34 GTR costs.

Personally I'd go for an R32/33 for £8k...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be doing all the work my self I would like it to be a nice project in my spare time. I love the look of the R34 and especially a GTR. What would i have to do to make it run, sound and look like the GTR and what would be the best baseline to start with? thanks again

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
I would be doing all the work my self I would like it to be a nice project in my spare time. I love the look of the R34 and especially a GTR. What would i have to do to make it run, sound and look like the GTR and what would be the best baseline to start with? thanks again
It'd be a waste of time to do much more than I've suggested above. Once you'd bought everything to make an R34 GTR replica you might as well have bought one.

The cheapest Skylines at the moment seem to be an R33 GTS. If you bought a bodywork kit you could make that look like a GTR.

Or buy a ropey R32/33 GTR and sort it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts