GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a very long time since I've been around these parts. In fact I sold my Skyline over four years ago. Part of me has always missed it.

The time has come for a change. I sold my RS4 last month, and have been struggling to think of a replacement. I'm not wanting to put so much money into a car again, and really want to avoid too much depreciation. It makes me feel sick saying it, but I lost over £23k on the RS4 in 3 years. I have decided new cars are not for me.

I was pretty set on getting myself a BMW M3 CSL, but have started thinking about getting back into the Skyline scene. I could pick up a nice R34 GTR for the money I'm looking to put on a CSL, or go for a nice R33 GTR again and keep a bit of cash in the bank.

What do you guys think?

Paul

·
R35 Section manager
11,164 Posts
I bet you could get a good spec 34 for the price your wanting to spend.
No harm in at least having a look is there?:wavey::clap:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
go for a nice R32 and rb30 it

weight is everything, and r32's are the lightest by far (also the best looking when tastefully presented)

if you hunt around you may find one for sale already done, try customer's cars from rb motorsport or rips. it's a truism that you never get your money back when you sell a tuned car, so put yourself on the other side of the deal. i've spent over £60k on mine and i'd probably struggle to get £20k for it- a car making mid 600's, 1 bar by 3000rpm and reliable as a wood-burning stove

if you find the right car you won't lose a penny in depreciation, as 32's have done all their depreciating now

the only way to get the same performance (mid tens on the 1/4) conventionally would be to buy the new noble m600 @ £200k, or the new mclaren, or a zonda...

the 32 is the connoisseur's choice, the choice of the dedicated driver

if you're more into posing then get a lower spec 34 !

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Think the guy wants a 34 or maybe a 33 . 34's have come down a lot now ,great looking car and still looks the Mutts nuts .It's a no contest ,pick your self a nice 34 and save the hassle a bit of problems regarding age , 32's look old and are ,just my opinion .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts