GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the thing, i was talking to the skyline shop over here in my area. and they tell me that there is 1 problem with the RB26DETT engine in the R32 moudle (GTR) , and that is the oil pump is run off the crank like all of them r butt on the R32 they told me the spot on the crank that turns the pump wears out, and eventully becomes rounded off,causing the pump to fail, meaning oil pressure drops too zero and ,,there is catasrofic failier, they say nissan fixed the problem on the R33 GTR. Butt as for the R32, the only solution is to dissasenble the bottom end and putt a cap on the crank where the oil pump ataches, to cover the ware spot and eliminate the problem for good.. Now have any of u heared about this problem, and if so can i get some feed back please... THANX

·
Registered
717 Posts
yes that was a problem on the 1989 cars and was resolved on later R32's but was improved upon again on the R33 onwards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i got quoted 5000 amarican for a tear down heaD cleaned cylander walls cleaned and all berings and seals,gaskets replaced,along with the coller. so i guess thats what i ll doo,, my R32s got 95000K on it so its close too needing it done i think..have all of u done the same thing ????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts