GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just thought i'd get online to this forum for some advice. We use the same vBulletin forum on the Peugeot GTi Club so i know all the tricks :D

Just wanted some opinions on whether you think its completely unrealistic for me to be able to get insured and maintain a R34 (or even a R33) when i'm only 22 years old.

I think that most of you are laughing at me right now, but i need serious power. I currently have a Peugeot 106 GTi-S which has a fair bit of pace, but nothing compared to the Skyline. My friend has the 106 GTi on Throttle Bodies that gave some of the skylines and scoobys a run for there money at Trax2002, but at the end of the day, the performance is sooo much different.

Anyway, if you could give me any advice that would be great. I can afford in the region of 16k for a 2nd weekend car, but obviously insurance maybe a massive factor to take into account.

Can i get a R34 for this kinda price? Also, what is the maintenance on one of these like? Costly?

I know your probably too busy driving the car to reply to me, but anyone that does will be given a virtual beer ;)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Ian,

16k won't buy you an R34. You won't get a decent one for under 30k, yet. It will buy you a 33 or a 32 with cash left over for modding. Insurance will cost you 1.5k to 2k I would think. Maintenance isn't particularly expensive.

Peter.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
GT-R or GT-S

Get a Skyline. Fine idea.

As Pete says, 16k won't touch a '34, but will get you a reasonable R33, or a '32 with about 6k left over for tweaks. If you're sold on the R33 looks, check out the R33 GT-S. Good examples can be found for about 8k, and can be modded to fly.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
R32 GT-R is what id go for in your position :) £12-13K then you have £2-3k (im 26, 1yrs ncd, good postcode, no points, insurance is £1,500 on a GTS:eek: ) left to spend on insurance...

GTS is MUCH cheaper to buy and can still be modded to give out rediculous power...

at 22 your largest single expense will be the insurance, have a look at the insurance Threads and scare yourself!!!

Matt

·
Registered
364 Posts
i agree with all the above but i personally have'nt seen any really good gtr 33's under £15,000 and i searched for quite a while.good luck,you won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Mr Pug

I got mine last year when I was 23.

I spent 20k on a 33 GTR - low miles, mint condition, and a UK car (which commands a premium).

Insurance costs me about 1700, i have a clean license (touch wood) and 4yrs ncb.

B

·
0 Posts
actually you're in luck i found you a R34 but the only catch is that it's a gts going for $15,930 and it's a 98 in mint condition and it's in japan but it can be shipped to the u.k. and with this car i'm sure you'll turn head's.

B

·
0 Posts
theres also a 1995 r33 gtr going for $16,820 and it can be tuned to the extreme already come's with exterior enhancement's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys have been seriously helpful to me, its very much appreciated, and if i get one, then your all welcome to come out in it for a spin. Not at the same time though!!! :D

I will check insurance quotes tomorrow hopefully, and with a bit of luck, will be able to get one.

I'm getting a little confused with the models though, is the gts version a non-turbo? Cos it has to be a turbo for me i'm afriad.

Also, is the R34 the new shape as the pics show? Cos i like it but think i prefer the R33 then, the previous shape to this one, which looks well hard.

Anymore suggestions greatly appreciated. Top bunch of guys you lot are

B

·
0 Posts
the gts come's with the twin turbo setup it's just not as potent as the rb26 still the rb25 can be highly tuned.and the 2nd skyline is the r33, the first one is the r34.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Pug106gti,

The GTS is not available in a twin turbo model.

The range goes something like this.

R32
GTS, GTS4, GTSt, GTS25, GTS25t, GTR

R33
GTSt, GTS25, GTS25t, GTR

R34
GT, GTt, GTR

GTS's have a 2l NA engine, GTSt's have a 2l Turbo engine, GTS25 is a 2.5l NA engine, GTS25t is 2.5l turbo, R34 GT is 2.5l NA, R34GTt is 2.5l Turbo, and all the GTR's are 2.6l Twein Turbo.

B

·
0 Posts
i'm talking about the r34 gts and it does come with tt.check your info please.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I might be able to hook you up pug106

now don't reply if your really not seriouse. If I could hook you up with a way to get a r-34 in the next 7-8 months (leaglely)would you be interested. Send Me a personal reply not on the forum.

·
Registered
710 Posts
BadMuthaR34,

I suggest you check your info as the only twin turbo 34 is a GT-R. The R34 GT-T comes with a single turbo RB25DET engine. If you don't believe me then check Hyper Rev for your info.

Talat.

B

·
0 Posts
i've heard of people selling the r34 gtt so it must be twin turbo right?

B

·
0 Posts
oh well, dang now i'm here stuck with my gtr in the u.s. having the time of my life. how pathetic am i (pretty pathetic buddy-sky)
" name is dave don't wear it out" how pathetic am i...

B

·
0 Posts
arr mate where's me pot of gold, there she blows! sorry for the mixup buddy but gtt to me sound's like twin turbo.oh well

" name is dave don't wear it out" how pathetic am i...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts