GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am currently insured with A Plan who have provided me with a renewal figure of £690. This has increased by £90 on last years premium.
I am 28 years old, 10 years ncb, clean license and only do between 2000 and 3000 miles per annum so i reckon i can find a cheaper deal.
Just wondered if anybody on here knows if the 1995 GTR is eligible for classic car insurance and, if so, who are good ones to approach?

Many Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
15 years or older qualifies for classic i think so it will be 15 years old in 2010 on whatever month it was made

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys, Flux got it down to £600 but i shall give AON a go.

Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
I thought about the classic route ages ago but just never got around to it , mines a little over 18 years old now too .

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ive my 96 R33 gtr insured classic !!!!
Agreed value of 20k , mileage limited to 3000.
Must be garaged with full security.
Fully comp for £475 . :)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
i am seriously considering classic insurance as it could save a hell of alot of money.....

whats the crack then?

which companies do you all use?
Whats the age of the car have to do with it? (some say 15 yrs others 10?)
how do you get agreed value?
is there any limit on modifications? does it have to be standard?

etc etc......

any help is appreciated

Rob:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've found, through some recent research, that one of the main criteria of classic insurance is keeping the car in a locked garage. Something i am currently lacking. Maybe next year...

·
Registered
463 Posts
banzai who Are you with ?

cheers
beaker

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I used to insure my S13 track car with these people Insurance For Motorsport | Competition Car Insurance

they were cheap, said nothing about a garage and covered anything over 10 years as a classic, were very mod friendly. covered me for 3000 miles a year.

I don't know if they are still good but they were the best quote for me when I had it (about 3 years ago)

/Steve

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Does anybody have a site with info about classic car insurance? I have a 12 year old Ford and if it's going to get my insurance down I will go for classic on renewal!

·
Registered
344 Posts
interested to find out what you pay in the end, im also 28 , no points etc, but in the motortrade 'mechanic' which always seems to go against me ...... im paying 980 ish from memory all mods declared etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts