Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods:

2530`s
HKS L-bows
HKS hardpipe kit
HKS air filters
Nismo oil. and waterpump
Boost set to 0,9

The car is not as fast as it was with standard turbos, getting full boost at about 4000, then it is kind of "holding-back"

Are my injectors to small maybe?

Have checked for leaks piping etc...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Sounds like you did this DIY, without seeking advice???

Even at the same boost level, bigger turbo's will flow more air, so you can't just stick bigger turbo's on it without re-mapping, and without checking everything else is OK.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NISFAN said:

Even at the same boost level, bigger turbo's will flow more air, so you can't just stick bigger turbo's on it without re-mapping, and without checking everything else is OK.
No seeking device no... I was told that the 2530 turbos were bolt-on, and would be ready for go without a re-map..

But could the injectors be to small, or do I have to get the car mapped??

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Rockon said:
I was told that the 2530 turbos were bolt-on, and would be ready for go without a re-map..
By who?

But could the injectors be to small, or do I have to get the car mapped??
Best take it to someone that can give it a once over. You would kick yourself if you blew it up, which is quite possible if not mapped correctly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NISFAN said:
By who?

Best take it to someone that can give it a once over. You would kick yourself if you blew it up, which is quite possible if not mapped correctly.
By a guy in Sweden... Trying to get a hold of him as we speak...

Advice taken! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
i wouldnt do diy jobs on my gtr unless i knew EXACTLY what i needed to do. I would get the advice of a proper tuner as well beforehand (eg, Ron)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Ok, the 2530 are bolt on but flow is different so you will definatelty require a remap and injectors as they will probably max out. Running too long on this setup without a remap is asking for trouble.

Gerry

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Could be the standard ecu cutting fuel cos its gone out of its range of airflow?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
LOL :)

"Buy your bolt-on 2530s right now at the special introductory price on your screen.. and best of all NO remap needed...!!"

Sounds like something you would hear on an infomercial.

2530s flow very differently to the standard turbos. NEEDS A REMAP!

But also then begs the question about how much is understood regarding the motor.. really wouldn't be worthwhile experimenting tuning an RB26... Very costly affair.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes yes guys, I have parked the car now until I get this fixed!

After some reading here i understand I need bigger this and that!!
Is there a max size on the injectors I should not exceed?

Goal is aprox 500 wbhp

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
bare mininium I would say 700cc injectors, fuel pump, and remap (PFC will need Z32 AFM, D-Jetro PFC or F-Con Pro)

If you want 500 whp, you have the turbo to do it. How long the internal will last is another story. Just don't give it to the same guy to map the car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nocturnal said:
bare mininium I would say 700cc injectors, fuel pump, and remap (PFC will need Z32 AFM, D-Jetro PFC or F-Con Pro)

If you want 500 whp, you have the turbo to do it. How long the internal will last is another story. Just don't give it to the same guy to map the car.
I bought some GT-RS turbos that took me 10 months to get!! Bought the 2530`s used in the meantime...

When will I get full boost with standard internals and RS??

Injectors: What brand? Can I use 1000cc injectors for 500whp? And should I get a upgraded fuelrail??

I am getting the D-jetro...

Many questions here, I used to drive BMW`s!!! New in the japan-power world :clap:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone?? :runaway:

·
Registered
193 Posts
DIY upgrade...

NISFAN said:

Even at the same boost level, bigger turbo's will flow more air, so you can't just stick bigger turbo's on it without re-mapping.
That really depends. Airflow is airflow. MAF/AFM based systems are very tolerant.

Give us the full info, and you "may" get a sensible answer..

Si

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Could I use the car if I don`t drive like I stole it??

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rockon said:
Could I use the car if I don`t drive like I stole it??
Anybody?? Guess the temperature wouldn`t get so high, but still....

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
When i stuck bigger turbo's on my R32 GTR, it ran virtually as standard, because everything else was still standard..

You cant expect to stick bigger tubbies on and get a 'missile' overnight.. it doesnt work like that.

You have to adjust and replace other parts too, to maximise the turbo's better efficiency..

If the rest of the car is still stock, you wont get any extra boost, so all that will happen is you will get a similar performance to stock, but the tubbies wont be working as hard as the standard ceramics.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts