GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Reading The thread from the guy who hit a tow bar and the repairs cost 11 Grand, I felt obliged to share my experience following a seemingly small knock;

One evening on my way home I hit a pheasant, or the Pheasant hit me, lets say I was traveling close to the national speed limit, the resulting damage was a cracked front upper grill and cracked paint on the bumper and grey bit beneath the grill.

Initially I was quoted over £300.00 for the grill alone and Nissan wanted something like £1500.00 for a new bumper!

In the end after refusing to make a claim on my insurance for such little damage, I managed to get them to make good and re-spray the bumper under the warranty (My car is white)

The other good news is I guess that the parts department have said that GTR parts have come down in price for whatever reason and have quoted me £233.00 for the new grill :clap:

Every cloud and all that..

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Lucky lucky you, not so good for the Pheasant !!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention, no pheasants were harmed during this accident..

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
look around at the number of Skyline GT-Rs with different bumpers, bonnets etc. It's not just down to taste and a desire to be different very often after market parts from tuning shops etc. are cheaper or, at the very least, comparable and better in some regards.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I know i'm an old git but I remember when bumpers were put on cars to save us from expensive knocks!! Now its £1500 plus another £500 to paint and fit it! :puke:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I forgot to mention, no pheasants were harmed during this accident..
Aha you mean it was a typo error. Does that mean there's a peasant lying in a roadside ditch somewhere. I'll be watching crimewatch for a hit and run witness appeal. :chairshot

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nissan recalled all white UK cars because the bumpers were a off white colour, I managed to get the respray done under the recall..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts