GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the 2010 R35 comes with a little more power and some suspension tweaks, is this true?

If so, any other differences?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
2010 NISSAN GT-R UPGRADES REVEALED

Below taken from pistonheads - PistonHeads Headlines

Stiffer suspension, NACA ducts and data-logging will be next year's highlights

Mizuno at the 'Ring yesterday2010 model year upgrades for Nissan's GT-R will include the adoption of the Spec-V's rear diffuser plus new side NACA ducts, suspension tweaks, and an optional NISMO data-logging facility that will let drivers share and compare data via their PCs.

The changes were revealed to PistonHeads yesterday by GT-R project chief Kazutoshi Mizuno, who was our host yesterday at the company's Nurburgring technical centre where elements of the 2010 upgrade package - and European Spec-V models - are undergoing their final evaluation.

According to Mizuno-san, the suspension tweaks are minor but include marginally stiffer front spring and damper rates, and stiffer bushing for the rear torsion control arms. The aim is to further increase the driver appeal - or to paraphrase the enigmatic chief engineer 'to make the driver's buttocks feel even closer to the rear wheels during sporty driving'.

Final 2010 MY testing is underwayThe NISMO data-logging system will be part of an upgraded sat-nav option. As we understand it, owners will be able to download data using a USB memory stick, load it onto their PC for analysis, and even share their numbers with other GT-R drivers online.

The adoption of the Spec-V rear diffuser and new NACA ducts next to the rear wheels are there to improve airflow and brake cooling, says Mizuno. The 2010 cars have also been tweaked to meet Euro 5 emissions regs, and an ECU modification improves low-speed tractability in low temperatures when the transmission fluid is still cold.

PH was there too - full story on its way...Mizuno and Nissan senior vice president Andy Palmer (who was co-incidentally visiting the Nurburgring GT-R test team on the same day) also gave us some insights into the new Spec-M model that has been rumoured for some time. Contrary to the suggestion in our story yesterday, it won't be at the Tokyo motor show next month, but will emerge sometime next year instead.

We shouldn't get too distracted by the 'comfort' tag, they say, as the core package will be largely undiluted. Instead, think of a GT-R 'plus' with extra luxury fittings like a high-end sound system, expensive interior fittings and a more 'bespoke' feel.

Like the Spec-V, the idea of the Spec-M is to increase exclusivity, not improve accessibility, so although the suspension may be set up for a little more comfort we're not expecting the driving experience to feel very different from the standard car.

Meanwhile the 2010 model year GT-R should be available in the UK early next year, around the same time as the Spec-V edition.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
i also heard of tweeks to gearbox, clutch, solenoid valve, drivetrain, cooling and a couple of other stuff they dont want to advertise...
this is exactly why i pulled out of the 2008/09 model and am waiting for the 2010 model.
now even happier knowing it will have v-spec stuff carried over too..... :clap:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i also heard of tweeks to gearbox, clutch, solenoid valve, drivetrain, cooling and a couple of other stuff they dont want to advertise...
this is exactly why i pulled out of the 2008/09 model and am waiting for the 2010 model.
now even happier knowing it will have v-spec stuff carried over too..... :clap:
Why not wait for the MY2011 to roll out, it'll be even better! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Shaun,

I was contemplating a 2010 purchase so might as well get the 2010 version given it should be better, even if they are only minor tweeks.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thanks Shaun,

I was contemplating a 2010 purchase so might as well get the 2010 version given it should be better, even if they are only minor tweeks.
No Problem.

Anyone know when you have to order to get a 2010 model - is it basically all the cars delivered in 2010? So as I ordered in April 2009....but take delivery in early 2010....do I get a 2010 model?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Problem.

Anyone know when you have to order to get a 2010 model - is it basically all the cars delivered in 2010? So as I ordered in April 2009....but take delivery in early 2010....do I get a 2010 model?
That was my very next question

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ditto that,I currently have a car ordered with an original summer 2010 delivery date,this has since come forward to very early 2010.I would be very interested to know exactly when these current changes/improvements take place for cars delivered.Wouldn't want to get a car just as it gets improved,minor or not,particularly the visual things like the Naca ducts for the rear brakes and any spec-V bits,like the rear diffuser.Bit of a dilemma this 'cause if my car comes forward a bit more, i.e. into late 2009,then I stand to save around 1200 quid on the VAT. Whereas to wait for the changes would give me a bang up-to-date GTR. Hellppp. !

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm in the same boat regarding 2010 delivery so have pitched the question to my HPC, they mentioned data logging via USB when I test drove it so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
111 Posts
One thing you are all missing that is the people who had the 2009 cars got them a lot cheaper than the 2010 cars will be. One thing is the price increase, another the extra 2.5% VAT and also the ultimate silver paintwork if you had it. Add all these up and it could amount to over £5k difference.

Marshalls GTR man said my one has over 1000 changes since they first launched the UK model. How true I do not know, but they are constantly looking for ways to improve it and making changes all the time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Two out of your three points raised don't affect me either way,firstly I haven't ordered UMSilver,(although I do like it in black edition now with the black wheels),secondly the price increase does NOT affect existing orders placed with the HPC's previous to the increase date,so not an issue for me,(I could potentially be getting a 2010 GTR,(with the changes) for 2008/2009 price tag,the only thing that can affect me as I said previous is the 2.5% VAT increase end of December,and so weighing this up against the 2010 cars changes and the timing from Nissan is key also,(only thing I cannot control),then ultimately deciding if it is worth waiting and consequently paying 1200 quid more for the 2010 spec car.The changes (I personally think) all sound worth having and I think it is only natural when buying any brand new car,let alone a GTR,that most of us would want the very latest spec 100%.Particularly if the wait is only "another" couple of months on top of the 14 months I have already done !! Jesus that was a mouthfull....and it hurts when you work out and realise how long you have actually waited:runaway:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ditto that,I currently have a car ordered with an original summer 2010 delivery date,this has since come forward to very early 2010.I would be very interested to know exactly when these current changes/improvements take place for cars delivered.Wouldn't want to get a car just as it gets improved,minor or not,particularly the visual things like the Naca ducts for the rear brakes and any spec-V bits,like the rear diffuser.Bit of a dilemma this 'cause if my car comes forward a bit more, i.e. into late 2009,then I stand to save around 1200 quid on the VAT. Whereas to wait for the changes would give me a bang up-to-date GTR. Hellppp. !

** KEEP THIS POST UPDATED PLEASE, AS IN SAME POSITION AS YOU. ARE THE 2010 MODEL YEAR WITH MODS BEING BUILT AT THE FACTORY AND BEING SHIPPED TO THE UK NOW?? IF ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOWS - PLEASE POST A MESSAGE ***

·
Registered
794 Posts
and an ECU modification improves low-speed tractability in low temperatures when the transmission fluid is still cold.
This is interesting to me. By complete coincidence, the last two evenings I've been driving very slowly over the speed bumps in the car park at my office and I've noticed repeated spikes in the engine revs. From what I recall, the revs jumped from 1,000 revs to 1,500 revs 4 or 5 times over the space of about 2 seconds. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

·
Registered
52 Posts
That UMSilver car looks absolutely gorgeous 1Rosco1,I'm assuming that it's your car ? you've just got to be pleased with that ! and looks suspiciously like it was outside Marshalls HPC in sunny Cambridge.
Getting back to the changes point,it seems fairly obvious that there are quite a lot of us that are in the same situation/predicament so knowledge is key.I am on my Nissan Race Academy day this coming Tuesday,so I will try to find out more from them and will post anything I learn,(keep fingers crossed).Should really get some shut eye now:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sure I read somewhere that the 2010 car also has an additional 5bhp?

Not that this is a big difference.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts