GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

In the next few weeks I will be going out with all my hard earned car Savings to purchase me a pretty GTR.....

Ideally I'd like a 2011 plate just because I prefer the front bumper and rear diffuser..... Now the question is, is a 2011 car really worth 8k+ more than a 2010 car on the same mileage, both std, and in the same condition?

Thanks in advance

Stealth

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Tricky question. Are you planning on staying standard or are you going to be modding?

IMO I would say if planning to mod you'd be better off with the 2010 and down the change on making it your own. Of you're planning on staying standard then the 2011 is undoubtedly the better car.

But that's just my opinion. Lots of people will disagree. There is no rightmost wrong answer .

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you buddy. I plan on going stage 4 as quickly as possible.... If I get a 2010 car then it will be the week after purchase but if its a 2011 car it will have to wait a little bit.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well we where in the same situation as you we had a 09 gtr and after selling decided to take the plunge and buy a MY11 that was the best move we ever made. The car is not not just bumpers it seems to be way more then that, it's more power, bigger intakes, better gearbox, different wheels and tyres, bigger brakes, much much better suspension and drive. My stage 1 gtr made more power then three stage 4 gtrs 2 being with down pipes as well. People who have a 09 10 will always say they are as good, never in a million years are they we had both!

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
My11 is a better car full stop, much more power and torque and it drives much better than the non facelift.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Yeh but when your jumping to stage 4, alot of things become obsolete surely.

I mean an 09 with a Stage 1 is instantly more BHP than a Nismo GT-R

As for the gearbox, pretty much the software on a MY11, which you can get done on the older models anyway.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stage 4 gets bigger intakes from litchfield and I intend to put adv.1's on the car so the wheels aren't a selling point for me. Bigger brakes are probably wise although this car will NEVER see a track, I already own a track toy.

Is the gearbox different? Is it any better than an lc4 gearbox on a 2010 car?

Sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I think some are missing the point, we know the MY11 is better in alot of aspects, that is not the question he is asking.

Is it truly worth spending £8000 more, when if your going to a stage 4 you get uprated intakes blah blah blah etc installed anyway.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think some are missing the point, we know the MY11 is better in alot of aspects, that is not the question he is asking.

Is it truly worth spending £8000 more, when if your going to a stage 4 you get uprated intakes blah blah blah etc installed anyway.
Well to make the cba car as good as the dba it would cost you more then 8k and your still left with an early model car. A stage 1 my11 with dp saw more power then 3 or 4 stage 4 gtrs on the same dyno on the same day lol

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
My MY10 is sat here at stage 4.25 ready to roll....spend the extra on. Litchfield suspension and job done ;-)

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I had the same choice to make in may.

I took the my11 car budget and added a little bit more and bought an 09 svm 850r car ;)
it depends what you want from the car, me personally I always want more power so an my11 didn't make much odds to me.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Your correct Team Khan the newer model gearboxes are different and can be identified by coding.

The solenoids for example that tuners offer don't need changing on the newer boxes as changes were made, as was the design slightly.

I have a DBA box on my CBA car and in fact the rear under-tray needed slight modification.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Your correct Team Khan the newer model gearboxes are different and can be identified by coding.

The solenoids for example that tuners offer don't need changing on the newer boxes as changes were made, as was the design slightly.

I have a DBA box on my CBA car and in fact the rear under-tray needed slight modification.
Thanks for clearing that up I was told they where different but I didn't know how all I knew what the clips that normally give are uprated and a few other

Cheers

·
Registered
484 Posts
If it were me I would get the MY11 then wait a few months then go stage 4 on that, you will end up with a better car.
The 8ks in the car,so when you come to sell it, you should get the 8k back then

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I'd get ROG350Z's car, Litcho suspension and something from R35Audio to top it off :D

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I have had both MY09 stage 4 car with DP and MY11 Litchfields Stage 4. When it came to power delivery - i always prefered my 09 car! There is absolutely no doubt that the MY11 car is much better - and as I am in a MY11 now, I would say that it is definately worth the extra £8k!!! BUT - if you compare to a stock MY09 non nav car - the difference can be anywhere between £15-£18k ish??? Definately NOT worth it!!!

Everyone who is in a MY11 will always try their best to convince you - as they try hard to justify their purchase themselves. I am just giving you my honest opinion - for the £8k difference, you should be jumping into a MY11 - but anything more than £8k is simply not worth it!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts