GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, The SOC hasnt gone, it moved at the begining of the year to a new site. I would like to put a link on here, but we've been told not to. So, if you go to the old forum, there is a link at the bottom of the forum (Where the club area used to be)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, I think its a bit down the grape vine, but from what I have been told. Buster (I think) asked the people in charge if it would be OK to put a link on here, and was told that its in the rules of this forum not to allow it. So we didnt.

I seem to remeber, at the time, a mass of people from the so.com forum decended on this forum when the forum was down, but at that time, I was building the new forum behind the sceens. I think all the masses of people caused some friction between the two clubs.

I will fine out and let you know exactly who is was as soon as I speak to Buster.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fair enough. I am the Admin on the New Site. I dont venture on to here very often. But the link to this thread was give to me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
OK,

The Skyline Owners Club comittee decided that the current forum (as it was then) was not going in the direction the club wanted. It was mentioned at the last AGM meeting for the club that we would start our own site.

So over christmas, we set up a new forum with lots of features which was a lot bigger than the so.com members area.

Then over the christmas period, the so.com site was down due to an upgrade. So as far as I know (As I dont come on the GTROC forum) the masses came over here from the so.com site. And a few people said a few things and people were generally not happy about the members just using this forum while the other one was down, which I guess is a fair comment.

Then, I am let to belive that the comittee spoke to someone on here about putting a thread or a link to say where the new forum for the CLUB is. But were told that it is club rules not to allow advertising of other site (Or somehting to that effect).

I set up the forum and am the Admin. I have been on the forum for a while, but not as Admin / Mod, hense you dont know me from Adam. (Come to think of it, I dont know you either :) )

Ideally I would like to have a thread or a temporary banner on here stating where the new forum is. But I know thats a lot to ask. I havent had a chance to speak to Buster, but should do later.

Then I will let you know!

Hope that makes a but more sense?

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Well, I'm not entirely in agreement with what you say above Dan, but I'm not going to debate the politics as I can't really be bothered. :D

One thing though, you really need to sort out your demographics. This is the GTR Register, we are a business. GTROC is an owners club, whom we provide a service.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry if I offended there Jason. As I said, I don’t venture over here very often. I did know that the GTROC and GTR Register are two different entities, the same as Skyline Owners Club and skylineowners.com are two different entities, hence the move to the new Club site.

My reasons for my comments we that the GTR Register would not allow a link to be placed on this forum, linking to the Skyline Owners Club forum. I have now read the reply from Fuggles in which he states that the matter was discussed with the GTR Register, GTROC and its members.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Not offended Dan, not at all. :D

I'm sure you can understand where we stand with this, nothing sinister or underhand, simply that we are a business with paying customers to support.

I appreciate your taking the time to reply to my questions, if there's anything you'd like to know about The GTR Register, don't hesitate to contact me. :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
polarbearit said:
Are there enough skyline drivers to keep 3 forums going? Seems strange to me...
As a member of the Skyline Owners Club I saw a dramatic increase in forum traffic eg; No of new threads and posts per day, quite often there would be in excess of a 100 new threads. I don't have time to trawl through that many threads, so when the club created its own forum it all became more manageable.
Skylineowners.com is still there for the enthusiast and non owner.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Dan R34 said:
Sorry if I offended there Jason. As I said, I don’t venture over here very often. I did know that the GTROC and GTR Register are two different entities, the same as Skyline Owners Club and skylineowners.com are two different entities, hence the move to the new Club site.

My reasons for my comments we that the GTR Register would not allow a link to be placed on this forum, linking to the Skyline Owners Club forum. I have now read the reply from Fuggles in which he states that the matter was discussed with the GTR Register, GTROC and its members.
Hey Dan,

You seem like a pleasant chap so it's good to see someone sensible is heading up the site. It's unfortunate that the information you've been led to believe is grossly innaccurate. I'm more than happy to have the world use this forum, but most saw it as an opportunity to have a pop at the GTROC and most of the comments were childish and immature. The thread was never removed so in the name of research, it's available for viewing :)

If you need anything, drop me an email - I'm all for cooperation.

Cem

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Dan R34 said:
Just to correct you on a few bits. Not being petty I assure you but I suspect you don't have the whole story.

I received a PM after two threads on the matter had been raised on this forum - without any request or approach. I accept this is not a requirement but one would have thought common decency would have ensured this happened first? Anyhow, the PM was after the threads had been active for some time and had extended into many pages. The comments, made by me, were just to reflect that we were happy to help but it would have been nice had people asked first and then not 'had a pop' at the register or the Club in the process. In fact the response back from your coordinator stated "To be honest, I'm amazed that the thread has not been removed"

Hope that clarifies. Now about that banner ad...............:D :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts