GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the Best in motoring movie on google video, did the Z-Tune not look a little shabby againt the STI S204 and the Corvette Z06?

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
After seeing the Best in motoring movie on google video, did the Z-Tune not look a little shabby againt the STI S204 and the Corvette Z06?

Any thoughts??
I think I would like to see the video :clap: .

As much as it pains me to say, the Z06 is no slouch!

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I got great respect for that Z06, those crazzy americans pulled something outta somewhere with that car.

I wouldnt call it a dissapointment, all 3 of those cars are well mad eand amazing machines. Personally id take the z-tune over all of them.

2nd the 204 (infact i got the lesser WRX recently and find it to be VERY enjoyable and not overly scary to drive fast, it seems a little light on the wheels at high speed but nothing a few well placed mods will not fix) 3rd the Z06, mainly cause i couldnt see myself in a Corvette, They dont seem to be a car i could live with. If i wanted something insane id get something really insane like a Zonda or something silly like that, the Vette is in limbo to me, not really practical and not really over the top its just...there...

·
Registered
858 Posts
As has been said they're all very impressive cars but watching that I just kept thinking if the Z-Tune driver had stuck in and got 2nd he'd have been all over the tail of the Impreza. More down to the driver than the car I reckon!
They obviously don't want to bump the cars but half out braking and going down the inside someone then backing out all the time doesn;t do you lap times any good!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry Combat, but it was by no means the car. The driver was utterly sh*t. If you study the footage you will see that ALL the other cars are being thrown into the corners with understeer aplenty aswell as tyres squealing, steering wheel being furiously 'controlled'... and so on

Look at how composed the Z tune is. No front end dipping through understeer, simply put there is NONE OF THE ABOVE. The driver is just not working the car!

Looked like a sunday afternoon drive to me...

And talking of length of accelerator travel-check the corvette. What's going on there?!!!:runaway:

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Apparently the Z06 is a very good track car but nearly all reviews have said it is a truely awful road car :(. I watched that vid before and the Z-Tune was all over the Z06 but chickened out in the corners as the Z06 driver just kept cutting him up - the 204 therefore had a free run.

·
6,821 Posts
It's very simple.
1)Get all production super cars to the Nuerburg ring.
2) Let them do a Lap with the same tires in the rain, in the wet, in the snow, in fall-leaves and in the dry.

The result will be that only 4WD cars will hold the best laps in nearly all thoses weather conditions.
The Z-Tune will be one of the best and probably the fastest car with 4 seats.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts