GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I this a custom carbon trim on the center console?or who does thoses?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lol, that aint custom. The carbon looks to fake. I bet you it's carbon style adhedsive. You can tell as the carbon swirls in funny directions expecially around the guages.

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed, no that you mention it, haven't looked at the pic in this size. Looks like a carbon look coating . . . . . cheap indeed.:mad:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'd say the piece just below the stereo could be real carbon but the rest certainly looks fake.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I'd say the piece just below the stereo could be real carbon but the rest certainly looks fake.
Yep you can see the difference between real carbon and the fake one!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
there are different weaves of carbon, twill weave, 5hs weave, plain weave, 2 x 2 twill weave etc. the top looks like 5hs weave and the bit below the more like twill weave.

having said that, no it probably is the sticky stuff :p

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
defo not real carbon, mine is!!lol Lux if you really want your bits done pm me and i will give you the guys details who did mine

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
defo not real carbon, mine is!!lol Lux if you really want your bits done pm me and i will give you the guys details who did mine
You have pics of yours?, just geathering info on future possibilities on an R34 GTT, as I do not have one right know . . .
I am looking for pictures of a GTT interior that has the complete center console (at least the 3 gauges and aircon) in real carbon, to do a photoshop on it;)

Cheers
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
well i dont have the 3 gauges, i have put a gtr MFD in!! dont really wanna post pics until re trim done (there right now) but few more weeks and interior and exterior will all be done!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts