GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I guess 2700 is OK-ish, assuming it's all clean and tidy and as advertised. It's really cheap to pick up a basically stock R32 GT-S on auction in Japan, just look at the auction sites. Then add 600 then add 10% (of total so far) duty then add 17.5% (of total so far) for VAT then 250 (or roundabouts for customs clearance, handling, MOT etc.) and you have a 'landed' price.

Looking at the auction prices you can pick these up for less than 400,000 Yen (1750 quid), considerably less if you're lucky. This would place a top limit for a tidy stock or stage 1 car at about 3300 pounds landed taxed and MOT'd in the UK...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Looking at the auction prices you can pick these up for less than 400,000 Yen (1750 quid), considerably less if you're lucky. This would place a top limit for a tidy stock or stage 1 car at about 3300 pounds landed taxed and MOT'd in the UK...
Question is, out of interest. Would you rather pay £3300 for a car you have not even hear running yet, that could easily blow up on the way home from the docks? Or £3500 for a car thats been in the UK for well over a year, and certainly has not done any blowing up?

Cheers

Butuz

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Why do these people state NO RESERVE then put their own starting bid of £2700... clearly this is a reserve. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
820 Posts
because ebay charge you to put a reserve on but you can start the price at £2700 for no extra charge!! when your selling something for 2.7k it make a difference.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
because ebay charge you to put a reserve on but you can start the price at £2700 for no extra charge!! when your selling something for 2.7k it make a difference.
So why has the seller put No Reserve then?

If the he wants to start it off at £2700 then thats the reserve, pointless putting 'No Reserve' in big letters because there obviously is one, thats the point i was making.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Question is, out of interest. Would you rather pay £3300 for a car you have not even hear running yet, that could easily blow up on the way home from the docks? Or £3500 for a car thats been in the UK for well over a year, and certainly has not done any blowing up?

Cheers

Butuz
I would rather pay less than 3300 for a car that I can have inspected in the UK. Feel free to call me picky :p

I was just doing the numbers to show how much it costs to import cars, people tend to see FOB prices and use that to judge against UK priced cars without realising all the extras, and boy do they add up quick!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts