GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY MY09 bell housing rattle got worse and I decided to see of my local NHPC( local is 40 miles away!!) could help at no cost.

They diagnosed the fault as I suspected, lateral play on bell housing and Nissan agreed to do a gesture of good will fix.

6 weeks later I finally get my car after myriad excuses about how they couldn't access the ecu as it was heavily modified ( Lichfield stage 2) and how they couldn't get the manifold off so had to drop the engine blah blah blah

Car back with me yesterday and the rattle is worse if anything and the other fault they were supposed to fix came back after 5 miles.

Now I resisted blowing my top as wanted to ensure works carried out at no cost to me but now looking to the forum for any advice on how if at all I can take this further with Nissan and to what end?compensation for delay? Another duration without my a GTR?

I despair, any ideas guys?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I got a new 2013 bellhousing fitted also on warranty end of last year, noice came back in less than 50 miles and is even worse than my original bellhousing.

Not even worth chasing up, as the new one will always result in the same noise.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
6 weeks is a piss take, most parts come from Amsterdam in a few days, occasionally parts come from Japan and can take a month. My car was gone for a month for a new gearbox, so well done you beat me by 2 weeks :)

My bellhousing was done on my previous GT-R and rattled exactly the same after the 30 mile drive home, they had it for about 4 days I think.

Agree, not worth chasing up, unless the other fault was something serious?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Get Litchfields to do their mod on it. No point getting one sub standard part replaced with another.
Well done for getting a gesture of good will on a 09 car! I recently had no chance when my audio unit failed.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Ignore the above, shocking Nissan cannot fix it and Litchfields has to do the mod. I would be angry to if I spent upwards of 30k on a car and having issues like this.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
6 weeks without the car christ.

Surprised they didn't just ring up when part was in and change it, also unsure to why they need to access all the ECU?

I booked mine in with Litchfield last year and it was done in under a day, they generally keep a few spares on the shelves I believe.

You'll never remove the rattle regardless it's a characteristic of the GT-R.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
...and that's why the Litchfield Warranty/Care Plan is worth every single penny.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Does it cover the bellhousing?

I thought it had some exclusions, like the Audio unit and a few other things.
I believe it does cover the bellhousing.
It's a mechanical warranty, I believe. But, my audio is already modified courtesy of Andy @ R35 Audio :)

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I have the litchfield fix 5k miles later quiet as a mouse!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Appart from the steering recall my car hasnt seen an NHPC since its optomisation nearly 4 years ago.

Appart from 1 or 2 NHPCs the independants know much more about these cars!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Appart from the steering recall my car hasnt seen an NHPC since its optomisation nearly 4 years ago.

Appart from 1 or 2 NHPCs the independants know much more about these cars!
Im pretty much the same... Optimization, headlamp condensation (x2) and the steering lock recall. Otherwise, they dont see my car!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all responses guys,

They said they had to drop the engine because a bolt on the manifold was stuck, after dropping it they reckoned they needed to access the ECU....confused or what?

the rattle is defo worse now than when it went in and the other fault ( that they never managed to fix is a TPMS sensor that is not showing any reading and fault light is permanently on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts