GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my local HPC if they could give me an idea of how much it would cost to change the front pipes on my car and to also heat wrap the whole system.

They quoted me 10 hours to complete the work at £120+VAT an hour!!!

Once I picked my jaw up from the floor I couldn't stop laughing!! Surely they are taking the Michael?............or are they?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I asked my local HPC if they could give me an idea of how much it would cost to change the front pipes on my car and to also heat wrap the whole system.

They quoted me 10 hours to complete the work at £120+VAT an hour!!!

Once I picked my jaw up from the floor I couldn't stop laughing!! Surely they are taking the Michael?............or are they?
The labour hourly cost is about right (albeit criminal) for a main franchise dealer. My local Audi dealer is £130 per hour with Mercedes a tad more! As for the amount of time.....who knows! Can you see some guy working on it for 10 hours?! To be honest there must be much better places to get this done than your HPC...and at half the price!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The HPC isn´t even allowed by Nissan to do it in their normal GTR workshop.....:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was giving them the chance to do the work as they have worked on my car before and it defo was at those rates.

I will of course now be taking it elsewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts