1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
353 Posts
i would collect in person if i was buying good price could be genuine it is a very harsh clutch not for street use

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, I did think that but would rather get reassurance than get ripped off. Anyone know how much replacement plates are for it?

·
Registered
679 Posts
i just sold my hks tripple plate for 250 so they seem to be going for that price at the moment

the plates are the same in the 32,33,34 versions only difference is the flywheel and the cover

i think rhd had the best prise for a refresh kit for them think it was 500quid

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the triple plate HKS quite harsh or is ok for normal road use? I am running high power but I want to keep the option to take it for normal driving as well as track.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got an exedy single plate paddle clutch at the minute but have had to limit the revs and power of the engine for now as the clutch wont take the full engine power. That is very on/off but I couldnt say how it would compare.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The HKS triple is not a nice clutch for road use. Very little slip in it, and the plates wear out really fast, as the wear limit on cerametallic plates is minimal. Can also sound like a bag of nails.

Knowing how much labour is involved in replacing a clutch on a GTR, and the price of a refresh for one of these, I would say it will be a very expensive clutch to own.

I use a Tilton 7.25" triple plate clutch, very similar to the HKS one, and I would swear that Tilton make the HKS clutch.
Nice thing about the Tilton is that it uses 7.25" AP racing plates, aprox. £60 a piece for new ones, that is if you buy new hubs with it each time. A cheaper option still is to send the old worn plates for the hubs to be re-used for about £40 per plate.

Still wouldn't use it on a road car, as you would need a new set of discs every other week. For a circuit car, or perhaps drag racing they are very, very, good.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
aren't these clutches discontinued now ..?
they are according to rhd and nengun just wondering how long it will be possible to get spares

1 - 11 of 11 Posts