GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a mines downpipe brand new from japan however it doesent say mines on it anywhere?

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
welds look pretty crap to me

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't think it's a real Mine's one. Mine's dosen't do such a bad welding job. Try to contact mines-wave an send them a picture.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
confirmed off a few people its 100% real and this is indeed how shitly mines weld seen several others now..... its apprently pretty common with all japanese handmade parts you should see my friends very expensive takumi reinhard exhaust

·
Registered
430 Posts
I can hardly believe that.
I have a really old Mine's downpipe (and elbows and catback) with Mine's badge on it and it's awesome welded.

But maybe they changed something in their production.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Welds are not the best I have to admit. Shame on them and their customer service is poor as well they seldom get back to your emails and if they do it's weeks later.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow, being a pipe welder, I can truly say that those welds are horrible. If I was shelling out large amounts of cash for what is supposed to be a quality product I would at least think that they would tig weld the pipes and flanges instead of mig welding them. Hell, you can see the lack of fusion on the flanges in the pics. Wouldn't be surprised to see that crack over a short period of time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Amazing that a company like Mine's was selling inferior products like that. I really like the RSR pipe that will come up for sale in a blue moon.

I recently picked up this Fujitsubo to replace my current setup. I plan on enlarging the 2 inlets though to mate up to my HPI dump pipes for smooth flow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts