GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry new owner here, and I cant find the answer when searching.

In traffic when I start to move I get a "Creaking" noise from the back end. Like an old Victorian bed. only for a few seconds, then when on the move its quiet...

No Knocking, no vibrations, lovely smooth gears.

Is this normal????

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I get this when going over speed bumps at an angle, but have had this noise in all cars I have owned with hard suspension.

As for pulling away as normal, personally don't get a noise like this, so unless others chime in, I would say it's not normal.

·
Registered
537 Posts
normal, they do make some awful noises lol as well as some nice ones. I wouldn't worry unless its making a loud increasing rattle noise when stationary when revving the engine. That would be a sign of the bell housing.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Even so, if it was the bellhousing, do not worry. Many of us have had the bellhousing done under warranty by Nissan to only have the same rattling come back after a month or two.

If I was to address the bellhousing rattle, I would not go to Nissan again, and get the Litchfield bellhousing fitted.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Even so, if it was the bellhousing, do not worry. Many of us have had the bellhousing done under warranty by Nissan to only have the same rattling come back after a month or two.

If I was to address the bellhousing rattle, I would not go to Nissan again, and get the Litchfield bellhousing fitted.
does litchfields 100% cure it?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Cannot say personally Chronos, but from others reports on here, it pretty much solves all the rattling issues we all encounter with the Nissan variant.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sorry new owner here, and I cant find the answer when searching.

In traffic when I start to move I get a "Creaking" noise from the back end. Like an old Victorian bed. only for a few seconds, then when on the move its quiet...

No Knocking, no vibrations, lovely smooth gears.

Is this normal????
Sounds like either a bush with dirt in it or perhaps a slightly sticking (brake) caliper?

Jack it up and check no brake stiction or take it for a run with very little brake use and check left to right wheel/caliper or disc temp.

Satan

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Sounds like either a bush with dirt in it or perhaps a slightly sticking (brake) caliper?

Jack it up and check no brake stiction or take it for a run with very little brake use and check left to right wheel/caliper or disc temp.

Satan
a Bit serious there ol chap, it's probably the GTR thing:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Maybe it's those Bridgies trying to make a break for the ditch:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::thumbsup:

Satan.
:clap:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like the box to me,, spoke to Neil ,last owner who told me it started doing it when he had the 2013 gearbox update done,,, and it down to the clutches but nothing wrong...

It isnt that loud to be honest so not that worried about it

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ah, so you finally invested in the tyre heaters Steve; as the bridgies are otherwise useless in anything but warm, dry weather!

Metallic 'jingle' over bumps/uneven road surfaces are the brake pad retaining pins. New design springs are available to help with this.

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
My tyres are always hot! Bring on more sun and grip for long winding country roads :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts