GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that the latest EVO's come with a sort of actively adjusting exhaust port/flange for their turbo's which I assume is there to improve (reduce) lag....

Have I got my facts arse about face and this "thing" doesn't exist?

If it does exist why the hell don't HKS etc do one?

What are the benefits and probs associated....?

I would ask the Mitsi boys directly...but I just can't be arse to register and don't know what the address of the site is....and if it is true and does help mpre than it hinders I thought it would be a good topic for discussion...

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
It is known about and I have desiged a similar device with the help of some of the guys on the MLR forum.

It is part of an ongoing tranche of work regarding Cams/LCA/Reversion designs, have also designed some anti-reversion stuff for them, which should be put to the test soon.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
WHEN

I saw on it just looked like a twin wastegate poppet valve for each of the seperated exhaust manifold runners to me but I may be wrong
Gary
GT-ART
OFFICIALLY JAPANISE:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
i was talking to the director of Ralliart in New Zealand
about what was "new" on the evo 7 and about the bov-
mainfold and he said that the evo 4-7 have a system that only works on the rally cars (but is on the road cars and is not working)
where they have two bov one to the atm and the other goes in to the exaust mainfold to help with anti-lag

the reason i asked him was because i herd that the evo 7 had a system ~as explaned above~
and i wanted to try it out on my car to see if it worked
needless to say i didnt do it...next time and when i pay off the car

hope this helps...
--------------
Phothog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts