GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a look at the suspension on the 32 today, managed to find a Tein sticker under all the crap etc
The shock body has grooves in the side ....is this adjustable height wise?
Unlike coil overs with the threaded body does anyone know if these move and how?
It looks like they are adjustable for ride stiffness from the top but again i,m not sure!
Any help would be great:bowdown:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
they are not adjustable for stiffness that bit at the top is to counter hold so you can undo the bit nut

the three grooves are indeeed to setup the ride height there is a circlip that sits in these grooves and the spring cup rests on this lowering should lower the ride height but im not 100% sure

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the three grooves are indeeed to setup the ride height there is a circlip that sits in these grooves and the spring cup rests on this lowering should lower the ride height
hmm i wonder if you can just clamp the springs...move the shock upwards...remove the circlip and drop the height or if the strut has to come off?

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
hmm i wonder if you can just clamp the springs...move the shock upwards...remove the circlip and drop the height or if the strut has to come off?

Hi Steve

they are KYB shocks with TEIN springs and yes those are the clips i was telling you about:thumbsup:

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Cheers Dave,

Do the struts have to come off and be taken apart to adjust them?
i would advise it as getting a coil compressor insitu would be difficult

1 - 7 of 7 Posts