GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for anyone who runs 19" alloys on there r33 GTRs.
I got told that if you run 19" alloys that you need adjustable camber arms and that it cocks up the 4wd and that your tyres get worn out is this true? as i know the handling wont be great but this car isnt going on track its always gonna be a street car

Any help would be great
Daz

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Daz,

I have 19s on my R33 GTR. Have done for over 2 years now and they have been absolutely fine, except for a bit of rubbing on full lock. Certainly hasn't cocked up the 4wd!

Cheers,

Adam

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I also use 19s on the street no issues at all,also makes laugh when people say it will compromise handling,maybe on a race track,but makes very little difference on a road.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
We went from 17" to 19" then back to 17" again on an R33. When you are pushing it the difference is noticeable in handing and ride but we never had any issues with the 4WD and that was running 19's for about a year.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
there is no reason the Attessa should get messed up or confused as long as the RR is the same all round. cant comment on handling.

kev

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chaps thats all i needed to know. My car is stock atm and tbh may never get to stage 1 tune so handling isnt an issue for me.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I'm running 19's, no issues, as bigkev has said, as long as the rolling radius is the same all round, your good to go.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought i were getting my chain pulled:chairshot 19s it is then

these are some i like wot u guys think?

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
19's are perfectly fine on the road mate...someone's been feeding you bull$hit! Personally I also think they suit the R33 better as it's such a big car.

I had to switch to my 19" road wheels at a track/activity day as my 18" track wheels got x2 punctures...it was fine, little bit choppy (which is understandable) but it's not like the car suddenly turned into a monster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts