GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a funny one really !

R32 GTR, mechanical speedo. I was wondering if its just mine or if its common for the speedo to be crap and unable to keep up with teh acceleration of the car ?

If I floor it hard it seems to get awfully upset and jumps about alot LOL !

Is that normal or should I be thinking about a new speedo cable soon ?

Also Noticed mine is rubbish in that its about 10mph out too !!!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
as i have searched all gtrs r34 at least show 10-15km more than the actual speed uk speedo and a nur one of 320, have tested mine with gps and other car next to mine for example if i go 120km real my speedo says 130km.http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/121757-uk-spec-r34-gtr-odometer-false-reading.html
Sideways Steve
no jumps though, something mast be wrong with yours time for a change mate if this started suddenly.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh ive found with converted speedons they usually end up about 10 mph out in the past but when I had my 300 zx TT it was bang on with the GPS ! Ive never had another car with a speedo anywhere near as close !

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Mine is pretty close, couple of mph over which is a good thing IMHO. If your speedo is consistently wrong it could be that you have the wrong type of speedo, early and late R32s have different speedos - there's some info on SAU about it somewhere.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
my speedo just wraps itself round the dial, long after it's run out of numbers
is that what you mean? :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts