GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't it about time to remove unwanted threads etc from the website.

My example would be the trade index should be updated and remove the traders(E.G.Prospec,Autoroute,etc) that are not on the site or are no longer going and put in someone who is currently working with skyline products like Funkystyling,Rallynuts or Invo auto, ETC.

Old threads in the parts for sale which have been sold can go also.

This would free up space and help make the website faster.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Why???
Its History. Its what the Skyline is mate a piece of History.
You will never know if one day you will do a search on something and it might be in one of them threads.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I agree with ****. Certainly with the for sale section and old threads. I was browsing on the honda revolutions forum the other day for a temp replacement for my GTR and when stuff has been sold, the thread (or possibly just the title is changed to deleted) and some possibly deleted. what a crock of crap. If I want to buy something, I want to be able to search various sites to see how often they come up and what the oing rate seems to be.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My point with the traders page is that a few of them have never posted anything, Hence no histroy.

Prospec is no longer going.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
What if they have paid for Banner ads till the end of the year.

One issue this site has never had, is that of speed and bandwidth.
Also, you can sometimes guage how much to sell a part for by looking at old for sale threads, even if that item has sold.

When buying/selling anything on here I always do a search to see if the same or similar has been sold and for how much.

·
Administrator
31,760 Posts
if Cem has a storage issue, and needs to free up some space, then fair enough, but apart from traders who are no longer trading (and will no doubt lose thier priveleges at the end of the year) nothing "needs" to change

mook

1 - 7 of 7 Posts