GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we tend to talk cars in the main an I mean that in the broad sense but this aint about turbo's, Octane Boosters, wheels, twidly bits, flanje banjers or even biddly bobs.

Is there anybody else excited bout the footy starting????

cos I am!!!

Come on the Toon.........................

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does he look, I missed the " means nowt shield"?

I reckon we could win it this year!!!!! bet you aint heard that before

·
Registered
194 Posts
Diouf was terrible on sunday !!

Looking forward to the new season but I think Houllier needs to sort his team out !!

(Will be praying for Arsenal to do really badly, cant stand them to win again)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cant wait till Set 2nd, when we get a 3-4 win in our favour for a change.

I reckon you av a great team of individuals but as a team you look a bit mixed up!!!!

Hail the king of cliche's

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Is there anybody else excited bout the footy starting????

Not me. I couldn't give a flying f**k about it.

Football is a seriously overrated game. A bunch of overpaid halfwits run round a pitch, faking injuries and "adhering" to some of the most ridiculous and arbitrary rules ever conceived. Not for me. It's a girls game.

< flame suit on>

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think Diouf looked very good against Lazio but he playing a true striker role then... Diouf did play pretty bad on Sun but you can't expect anything else sitting him behind Owen and Heskey... he did get plenty of posession but when he turned he was about 50 yards out instead of turning into the box.

I agree with Lolly, Houllier needs to sort the squad out. He's scared of change I think and I DONT know why he's not been playing Cheyrou.... get him on the field everytime!

He is awesome! :D

Chris

I think Newcastle have looked their strongest in a long time...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh is that right!!, Girls Game!!!, ME thinks you may be an egg chaser.

A game with few rules, little skill, even littler crowds and men with odd looking ears.

Could I have guessed right, and wait for it ........... its a funny old game.........

I thank you

Chris

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
agreed with slipp there.

it is a wuss's game, where a bunch of tarts chase a wrong shape bit of leather around, drive cars that are way too quick for them, go out, get lagged up and start on people in numbers.
Noone as stupid as david beckham deserves to be paid 100k a week.
Bring on the rugby season. A proper game.

An analogy once used:
Rugby: A hooligans' game played by gentlemen
Football: a gentlemens' game played by hooligans.

And there are a LOT more rules to rubgy than football!!

I would not fancy having a chat to Jonah lumo or martin johnson and telling them have funny ears!!

Anyway each to their own...but bring on the rallying and motorsport I say!!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Football?

Football - Smootball

Who cares.

BUT, if youre gonna keep the football talk on one thread then I am all for it, I just know that I need to aviod this thread.

There is a place on the board for everyone, we should all talk about whatever the interesting topic should be so get on with it.

Just keep it here!:D

Just off to start up a cookery thread, hehe..............:smokin:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Dude you are right...

Jonah has a top R34 and he drags it in NZ. Nuff said
rumoured to be running around 600 BHP and some of the down under lot have seen and met him.
Apparently he LOVES his skylines.

Jamie Maritn has a funny story about beckham and his ferrari on the M25. I wonder if he is on line?? Basically he nalied him big time!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well its nice to know that amongst the highly interlectual banter that we have on this site, there is still an oportunity to have a right old ding dong. Just look at the funny figures thread.

who would u rather be ?mmmmmmmmmm let me think Martin Johnson, big, tough, rugged, criminal, very flat plastic looking ears, known to less than 5% of the pop and on a couple of grand a week if hes lucky....or half decent footy player, adored by thousands, making many thousands a week, not realy having to flog your tits out doing two jobs, and retiring from all work at an early age.............its a tough one.

:p

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
....or half decent footy player, adored by thousands, making many thousands a week, not realy having to flog your tits out doing two jobs, and retiring from all work at an early age.............its a tough one
you got me on the money issue... but would you really want to be david beckham? Having to live day to day, finding it an intellectual struggle to tie your boot laces? Having to shag that beanpole minger ex-spice girl?

No thanks.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I thought they got paid these days??

And they get paid very well I think.

Johnson is one of the highest paid and has some SERIOUS sponsorships. his wages must be into the 5 figures per week
No longer are they amatuer or semi pro. Very much paid professionals...

As for being adored by thousands then it depends who..
lots of footie players are adored by the Gay population...Beckham was gay pin up of the year...well that is what PMGAY told me anyway....
is that the way you swing??

Jonah makes an absolute fortune and is seriously endorsed by adidas and so on!!
I think being unknown, paid a shed load, being sponsored and dragging R34s for a laugh, without all the fame has a certain appeal!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dont hate Rugby but "it aint in the same league" is it??

Also just so you know I raced a certain wiped the floor with a certain Mr Keiron Dyer in his Merc AMG 4x4 thingy the other day.

For you R U G G E R fans he a geezer who plays for the England S O C C E R team :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts