GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So sorry it went t1ts up - The day before TOTB

I still cant believe that after all the hard work building,mapping and testing my car
That something so simple as a water pump failure put us out of TOTB.

To say that I am still gutted is a understatement

·
Registered
610 Posts
Even though you didn't run you should get points, your car is doing 200+ standing still.
Looks more and more awesome everytime i see it.
Would have thought you would carry a spare water pump :p
All you big boys should get your heads together and carry a load of spares so that you don't get a simular problem,if i would have gone in mine you could have robbed some bits,can't believe nobody leant you a water pump :chairshot

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Politics aside, unlucky Keith! I'm sure you guys busted your nuts to get sorted for the event and then something like this legs you up. I understand that you acheived 213 on the Saturday though, a hell of a speed in one mile. As Car Killer mentioned, I'm surprised that no-one could lend you a water pump or is it not as simple as that? You haven't put that many noses out of joint have you ;)

The very best of luck in sorting this out soon. Roll on Japshow Finale then?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I heard the news when I was in France, gutted for you too Keith (and team) :(

Let us know if/when you wanna go for that 0-300. Would have been nice to do in front of 1000s of people, but would still be great to find out what it can do, even if it's behind closed doors/gates. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stuartstaples said:
Politics aside, unlucky Keith! I'm sure you guys busted your nuts to get sorted for the event and then something like this legs you up. I understand that you acheived 213 on the Saturday though, a hell of a speed in one mile. As Car Killer mentioned, I'm surprised that no-one could lend you a water pump or is it not as simple as that? You haven't put that many noses out of joint have you ;)

The very best of luck in sorting this out soon. Roll on Japshow Finale then?
Hi Stuart

I wish it was as easy as bolting on a new water pump.
when it let go we were doing about 8700 revs in 6th gear.
the engine will have to come out of the car and remove the head to make sure that the head is ok because the engine temps went up a good bit when the engine lost all the water out of the cooling system.
I don't know when the car will be ready to run again because R.B Motorsport customers have to come first and Cord is going away on holiday very soon.

It will be ready when it is ready

the car was flat out in 3/4 of a mile

Keith

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Keith - unlucky mate. I was going to come over and say hello, but every time I saw you, you were surrounded.

Sorry to hear about the water pump failure - was looking forward to seeing your car run in it's new spec. There will be plenty of opportunities to show what it can do ....

And take Renton up on that 0-300 attempt ... I'm sure people are keen to see how you get on.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Feel realy sorry for you Keith and you team,:sadwavey: , as I know how much effort you have all put in to the car, running in the engine, changing the exaust system, remapping etc. Hope to god you will be ready to run the car again soon, and that no serious damage has been done.

John

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Dont beat yourself up about it m8... these things happen, Im sure we all know what its like to work hard to get something done only to have some minor component fail at the 11th hour....

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I'm glad you stuck around Keith. After talking to you on Saturday I could see just how pi$$ed of you really was. Let's hope the damage is minimal and the beast will charge again :)
From where Claire and I was standing as you was mapping it on Saturday that thing looks absolutely frightening! Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Engine

Was sorry to here what happened Keith, was hoping to see the car run in anger once again. Looks like i will have to wait until next year again..Hope the damage is minimal..

·
Banned
717 Posts
keiths face said it all on saturday evening when i spoke to him and cord, i thought they were packing the car away for the night having finished the mapping. gutted all round was the word.

Keith- the next date btw is the 24th Sept if you are up n running.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry to hear about the waterpump failure Keith. Must have been so gutting. I read about it on Sunday morning on the net and I thought it must have been a wind up.

Nevermind here's hoping there wasnt any other damage and I hope to hear of the car running v.soon and breaking more records.

Good luck in the quest for an 8.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Keith, it was nice to have a chat with you on Sunday, very sorry to hear it all went to poop, hopefully the arrival of a Davis-Craig (or a pair of!) should take care of any future issues in that departement - an unusual failure thats for sure.

Good luck with the rebuild and the future performances - I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it go in the flesh! :)

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
As I said in the TOTB thread Keith, I too was disappointed for you and your team and indeed, for everybody else at the mishap. I can only guess at how gutted you must have been.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.