GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a happy man! Just picked up my R35 from Motorline and after a little spin drove her gingerly into the garage, kissed the breeze blocks with my number plate (without setting the pedestrian safety device off) and I can shut my garage door! :clap:

Such a big car compared to my RS4 and other than the odd clunk from the gearbox it is just amazing. The past 18 months has been full of ups and downs and i reckon Ive spent more time on here than is healthy! I'm just so glad I made it to the end! A big thank you to all who have entertained over the past months! Please can we have no snow in Kent tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) Excellent feeling isn't it! How was the handover? :thumbsup:
Very good thanks. Phil (salesman) was on holiday but came in just for the handover. The car was really well presented and indoors! Phil went through everything and set the displays and sat nav to my preference. When he gave me the Multi Functional Display Manual I assumed (given its size) it was multi language...but it's all English!

I keep wandering down to the garage just to have a look! I'm amazed it fits!

The bumper matching issue on the white cars seems to have been sorted, looks brilliant! Christmas has come early! :D

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Wish I'd driven to work in mine today after reading that.......

Enjoy my friend, it never stops giving smiles...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice one Waltong.

I pick mine up from Motorline next month though mine will be living outside and used daily.....no such luxury for mine.

Phil is a decent Chap.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My lads are 17 & 18 and have :D just as big grins! The old man drives the same car as Jenson!

I need to spend some time just sitting in the cockpit! I'm looking at all the dials, listening to Miss Sat Navs dulcet tones, trying to keep my revs below 3500 rpm and my throttle at 50% or less! Bloody brilliant! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats waltong enjoy. Do you think it needs more noise or are you happy as it is.Cos it has been said on the site the sat nav cars have a better exhaust sound.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Congrats waltong enjoy. Do you think it needs more noise or are you happy as it is.Cos it has been said on the site the sat nav cars have a better exhaust sound.
They do - have compared the 2 next to each other and in the cabin.

That said, they could still do with some more tunes, so my Y pipe should be arriving tomorrow!

D

PS Congrats on the car Waltong

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
waltong: made up for you m8, thought my wait was long enough another 6 months longer may of sent me over the edge. Must of been torture reading all the posts about all the fun everyone has been having.

Let the fun begin............

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats Waltong...those Speed Camera warnings are so sublime.........just watch out for those pot holes (which scared the heck out of me in the first week).....

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Don't put 100% reliance on the speed camera warnings - I have driven past 2 fixed sites without warnings being given.

D

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi. My HPC is pretty sure Nissan have not done anything to the Nav exhausts. It doesn't sound very loud at the revs I'm doing at the moment! With Robbie at Valet Magic today. The paint is pretty good but having some winter protection put on and another proper polish.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Good man Waltong, you can always extend the garage ! LOL Thank god mine is double lenght !!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh for a double garage! Heaven! Car spent the day at Valet Magic. Cracking job Robbie....cheers! :clap: I so didn't want to drive into the snow and the
M25 so soon afterwards!

Must be doing something wrong when trying to open the passenger door from the drivers side! It wont open! Have to get in and lift up the lock?? Probably me!

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Must be doing something wrong when trying to open the passenger door from the drivers side! It wont open!
Just press the unlock button on the remote twice to open the passenger side.
Enjoy the car...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts