GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAmn, yesterday I lifted the car to check if the front rotors were bented and couldn't stop myself from checkjing everything.
I discovered that i got 2 blitz external bovs and I'm wondering what I need to make them push the air inside intake again, which pipes...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
soRRY, R33 GtR V-Spec

It has 2 metal big caps on the intakes near the MAFS! So I need everything from the BoVS till there. Can I keep the Blitz ones?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is that the car tend to stall sometimes while driving slow or parking the car. I don't know if this can generate other problems.
Are there any differences in turbo lag with or without external bovs?

·
Registered
38 Posts
woudnt the HKS idle stabiliser fix the issue of low speed stalling.. Would you need 2 of them? I have apexi blow offs on my r32 & it seems to drop idle a litle bit but hasnt stalled. . You could also try resetting the computer by disconecting the batery & draining all the electric current. Then reconect & let the computer learn the new MAF settings this might help. . I find realy weird how some GTRs are fine with atmosphere blow offs & some dont respond well. .

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Abbey mapped the car so... It doesn't srall completely, just the rpms fall down and then come back (Too rich for that small time)
What do I need to make the car run again the original system?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I decided to not buy the oem setup but just connect the two blitz bovs to the pipes near the turbos. The problem is that I see that the regulations on the top of the two bovs are quite different... Can you explain why? Are the two original dump valves identical?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't understand how BOVs/Recirc valves would effect idle and cause stalling at slow speeds. As far as I know these valves only come into play when boosting and suddenly closing the throttle plates causing boost pressures to return to the compressor. Their job is to vent pressure before it makes it to the compressor, is it not?

Could someone please explain this to me?

·
Registered
34 Posts
A lot of Turbo Nissans run pretty sensitive Air Flow Meters.

Once air has passed these and is 'in the system' the ECU calculates exactly how much fuel is required for the engine.

If you run Vent to Atmosphere BOV's a significant amount of this air is dumped, and is no longer headed for the combustion chambers.

The ECU has no knowledge of this and adds fuel for the original amount.

With the reduced amount of air available the the injectors are now overfuelling bigtime and the engine bogs down, often stalling...

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But nobody answeed my last question-- In the original dumpvalves the settings are the same? Are they identical?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I've heard a few different reasons, but the one I like is the recirc'd air at idle keeps the turbines flowing instead of stalling due to the turbines producing more air than the motor is swallow at low engine speed (ie idle).
Both factory BOVs are the same, so I'd assume they both work identically.

I changed the blitz BOVs that came on my 32R a couple of years ago back to factory bovs and it made the car behave much better, noticeably on gear changes

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you've seen the blitz bovs have a little hole before the big one, is it for the same reason? Otherwise what for?
Btw I'll try to make the 2 blitz recirculate and then will tell you what happens.
How have I to do to regulate them?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts